1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Kit

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Maurolava, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

Ok, so is finally here, from yours truly a new BG2 SoA/ToB/Tutu kit.

This kit is the first version of three; this is the description of my kit:

SAMURAI:
    Known for their matchless bravery and strict code, he is a cultured warrior who strives to be courteous, brave, and unswervingly loyal to his overlord. A samurai follows the ?Way of Warrior? or Bushido, which it puts emphasis on loyalty, self-sacrifice, refined manners, purity, modesty, martial spirit, and affection. Samurai are always lawful, stoic in demeanor, and implacable when matter of honor and justice is concerned.

Advantages:

- Daisho Technique: May reach Grand-Mastery in Katana, Wakizashi and Daikyu.
    - May place maximum points into two-weapon or single weapon fighting styles.
    - Kiai Smite: May cast Fear once per day per every level.
    - Immunity to Fear

Disadvantages:

- May not put more that one proficiency point in all other weapons
    - May not use shields or spend any points in Sword & Shield Style
    - May not Dual/Multi-class

The link will direct you to where you can download it (third one down).

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please post them here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Sounds good! Can it be implemented so that if we make our own NPC, s/he can be a samurai, or is it PC only? (See, I was going to be a cleric... but with a kit like this, I might be willing to spend time writing an NPC for myself.)

3. Maurolava

As it is, is only able to be use for PC only, but you will only need to change a line in the .TP2 file

4. Saber

Do you happen to know which one? Or, rather, will it appear in SK so that I can edit my .chr file to have the samurai kit?

5. Maurolava

the line on my .TP2 is:

Code:
      // PC races and classes allowed to use this kit, from KITTABLE.2da
      ~K_F_H    K_F_D   K_F_G   K_F_E   K_F_HE   K_F_HL   K_F_HO~ 
    so, just change it to ~~

As per SK, it will show it once is installed, and also you can edit your .CRE file to have the kit, but you'll have to add my .TP2 within the mod to work (ofcourse)

6. Saber

Change the top part (PC races and classes allowed...) or the bottom part (K_F_H, etc)? Or, just erase that and put ~~ in?

7. Maurolava

Only erase the area between ~ ~

The text after // is not readable by weidu, is just for the user better understanding.

8. Saber

Cool, thanks man. I'll start thinking up my NPC now :)

9. Maurolava

No problem, good luck

10. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

^Ah, don'T worry, I will try your mod soon enough. I have a nasty nasty exam this Friday and after that I will be able to go home and play BG2 non-stop! I haven'T forgotten your neat kit, pal! :thumb: It will be a nice addition to my 30+ mod-list. And if it causes a conflict or bug, you will be the first to know, don'T worry!

11. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

That's not entirely true.

Having the K_X_X in the code does not mean it is a PC-only kit; it means it is a kit the PC can choose. Removing those bits means it is a kit that PCs cannot choose. Neither influences whether an NPC can have it or not. You don't need to edit anything in the .tp2 to allow an NPC to use the kit, just make sure the kit gets assigned to the NPC's .CRE files (using NearInfinity or some other tool).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.