1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Install problem

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Will, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

[​IMG] This is incredibly annoying. I've been having some problems with sound and jerkiness recently in BG2 and I decided to do a reinstall as there were a few mods I'd like to try out and one theory as to the initial problems was slow reading from my elderly HD (I had a full install). This time, I did the standard install to free up some HD space, patched, baldurdashed and modded the game and loaded her up.

The problem is, after clicking on Shadows of Amn at the title screen, the game prompts me to insert disc 2 into drive E: and when I do this it does not recognise it. Previously the game hasnt even acknowledged the presence of a second drive, everything running splendidly from drive D: my DVD-ROM drive. This obviously means I cannot play SOA. Oddly, TOB runs fine (I did install all of that, however), but infuriatingly I now have to face Improved Illasera with a daisy-fresh TOB only soloist, which is bloody hard :mad:

Im sure I could remedy this by simply starting again and doing the full install which I had previously, but to be honest I'd rather sort out this problem, which seems like it should be easily fixed (although I suspect it will be annoying). Can anyone help me with this? Please reply, as I seem to be unable to connect to the chatroom when Im on the uni network.

2. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Have you tried just putting the disc in drive D? Sometimes my PC does strange stuff like that. If not, it could be that your discs are scratched horribly.

3. Will Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Tried that, and my discs are fine. Like I say, they worked fine before I reinstalled.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    If you have tried starting the game by using the "Auto-run" way that Warrior suggested above, and it still doesn't work...I would suggest you uninstall the game again (as well as try to clear up as much extra space as possible on your drive, also delete the SoA directory…that way the game creates a fresh new directory instead of having to overwrite all the files still in the directory), then restart, then do a full install of SoA, then restart again, then do a minimum install of ToB, then give yourself a break and restart your computer again, after that install the official ToB patch and any other mods after the patch!

That's what I do. I just pop the ToB disk in my optical drive and let the Auto-run start the game for me. If you click on the SoA button (on the game selection screen) the game loads and the ToB disk stops spinning.

Hope that helps. :rolling:

5. Dranalis DeAealth

Dranalis DeAealth Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc Veteran

I think that the main question here is this: Why has the game decided to start reading from E:, instead of D:? I presume your E: drive is a CD-RW or some such thing?

Have you been altering anything to do with the drives recently?

6. Will Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Yeah, thats how I did it. I put TOB into drive D and when I click on SOA it asks me to put disc 2 into drive E. Oh, and I think I actually did do a minimum TOB install, now that I think about it.

*sigh* Thanks guys, but I think I'm just going to have to reinstall it all again. Cheers for the help.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.