1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Fallout Game! (PS2)

Discussion in 'Fallout Series' started by Elios, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Think this will help for all of you, including me, waiting for a new Fallout Game?
    http://www.gameshark.com/playstation2/objects/627932.html

I just got it today. So far it has some promise. Though I only played it for one quest. THe play is almost identical to Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. YOu can upgrade your character, buy weapons and armor, and you get feats and stuff.

2. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

IsnĀ“t this game exactly like Fallout BoS to the PC? Except for graphics that is.

3. Kiranos Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Fallout BoS and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel are probably the same game, but it's not made for PC I think it's for PS2 and XBOX only. I have heard it's more action oriented is that true? please post your thoughts about the game when you get further

4. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Hehe... Sorry bout that, I had to much sleep. I meant Fallout Tactics. It seems to me BoS will be pretty much like Tactics. Or am I totally lost? If not it might be a good buy.

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I would never buy that game, it's the reason why the vast majority of BIS was sacked, and there is no way it could reach what Fallout 3 was to be.

So Interplay can go shove their consoles far up into the dark place where they belong.

6. Elios Gems: 17/31

From a review in a gaming magazine:
    It got a rank of 8 (out of 10).
    Personally, so far I think its great. It plays a lot like BG:DA 1&2.

7. Kiranos Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] It's not much of an RPG, me thinks. Basicly it's just a shoot em up with some dialog and minor character customization. You can't gain ability points, you just get 2 skill points for every level and that's it. Grows boring after a few hours...

8. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I like what the article says about roleplaying and what roleplayers like. basicly we like voice acting and to allocate points.
    wow that sounds like fun, the voices are bether then normal shoot em ups, which dosn't say a lot, and you put points in different skills...but what the hell does that have to do with roleplaying?

9. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Let's just say that I am one of those major hardcore fallout fans, and that this game is an abomination taken from a true fallout perspective.

Traitor! ;)

10. Elios Gems: 17/31

Me? A traitor? Oh come now!
    Now, I am not saying this game comes close to matching Fallout 1 & 2. I mean after all, it is on a game console.
    But it is fun to play.
    Hey, maybe, just, maybe this game will become popular and the designers will decide, "Hey, maybe we need to make Fallout 3!"
    But of course it may just be wishful thinking and everyone can throw cream pies at me!

11. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

"throws cream pies at Elios"

Not with Blackisle dead and buried there won't

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

People buying this game will just give Interplay more incentive to make F:pOS2 - the worst thing that could possibly happen.

Let dead games stay dead!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.