1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New English Invention

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Garret Jax, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Garret Jax Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] After watching a mourning program on TV, I'm going to have say with hands down that the English do come up with the best inventions. The invention on TV was saying that an englishman came up with a watch that has GPS on it (nothing new) but it also tells you where the nearest 4 pubs are. Now that's what I call an invention.

2. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Great watch Garret. :D I have got to get my hands on one of those... If I ever get lost in Engishland. :p

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited January 17, 2002).]

3. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I get a bad feeling with all these GPS products out there. There is a case where a car rental company was monitoring all the cars rented out. They would issue fines to people who they caught speeding. I get this "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU" feeling ...

4. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

You better just get used to it Mat.

I was recently called in as a witness in a violence case and they checked my phonerecords to establish my whereabouts at the time of the crime.

I knew they could do it, but I didn't know that it was that easy and that common to do it

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Go England! This can be a great help in need!

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Mat - You only have to worry about a GPS receiver that isn't yours :)

7. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

ooooh alcohol maps!

8. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] As most of you know I'm still in Highschool and the coolest invention I've seen is a watch that you can change the channels on a TV for any TV and my friend is the one who has this and he plays with the moniters in our classes and the teacher is yet to find what is going on. :lol:

9. The Grim Ripper Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] We're not that great, you should see what the chinese have! They are technological geniuses over there:D!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.