1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Module - Looking for Help

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Alavin, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

[​IMG] My Neverwinter Nights module won't get finished unless I have someone helping me. It's not that I'm finding the scripting too hard, but that I find it hard to motivate myself to deal with things like area transitions and other less interesting aspects. Also, such a module is daunting in its size, leading me to occasionally get disheartened.

I need someone to help me.

I'm looking for someone with any amount of scripting ability (ranging from none to lots) who has Neverwinter Nights with both expansions to work on my module with me. Good spelling and grammar is definitely a plus. If they have no scripting experience, I can pass on my limited knowledge to them. I only need one aide, and then my module may actually get finished.

The module itself is set in an alternate London in the middle ages. Put simply, and without ruining any plot aspects, the nobility seem to have contracted vampirism. The story opens with the main character and his friend attempting to slay one such vampire. It is aimed at characters of level 3, to which they are set at the beginning. It is a story-driven and roleplay module. Currently it's very small, which is why I need help.

Anyone willing to help me will be doing a bit of everything: areas, scripting, dialogues, cutscenes, NPCs etc. If you're interested, send me a PM or Email, or just post here.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: This offer is still open. There seem to be very few applicants (in the region of none). Go on, help me...

[ June 06, 2005, 11:09: Message edited by: Alavin ]

2. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

i would be interested in helping out ... but i need to get the expansions first

i have no experience with the NWN toolset, but have lots of scripting experience ... as i was a programmer for 15+ years :)

if you get someone else offering to help before i get the expansions that that is ok ... if not, then maybe we can discuss what you need further and whether i can help much or not

regards

BARD

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I'll help where I can. I'm not such a good scripter (I can script, but I'm no expert. Generally rely on scripts others have made, then edit them instead of making my own), but I've done a lot of building before. So if you need any help with anything, feel free to give a yell.

Are you using any Hak paks?

4. Alavin

Thanks for the offers, guys. :)

I'm using some haks. CEP is the main one, but there's also a dynamic skeleton race, rather useful for an undead-focussed module, and a more London-esque City tileset. Also a modified 2DA so that the skeletons work with CEP. Other than CEP, it doesn't require a huge amount of downloading - about 8mb, which isn't too bad. CEP is used in lots of modules, so isn't such a big problem. Most of the magic is done by scripting.

CEP
    Skeletons
    City

Even posting this has been somewhat beneficial. I've worked on it more over the past week than in the month before it.

There will be more information on my website once I update it. Which will be later today.

EDIT: Pitiful excuse for a website update done.

[ June 08, 2005, 11:10: Message edited by: Alavin ]

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

That city tileset has a great look to it. Just ashame the roads aren't dirt/mud...

6. Alavin

It is. But it's the closest I could find to a medieval London.

What I really need is a crucifix necklace inventory icon - that would be very useful. I don't know if you (2nd person plural) have seen one anywhere, have you? I looked on the Vault and found nothing. I'd have thought it would be used quite often...

7. Nerezza Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well, I'm sure you've already done it but just to say that I have the platinum edition so I have SoU and HotU, and I am happy to help out anyone as far as modules are concerned. I do however have no scripting talent, (I stick to using premade scripts) But I do know most of the other aspects of module creation. In the future I will probably be attempting to make some serious modules so any scripting help will be appreciated too. Already got help from Alavin for my first to-be-published mod, so you guys seem to be cool :)

8. Alavin

The aforementioned time is upon us. Work has ceased on the module, and it needs a jump-start.

What would be fantastic is if someone kind could make me some nice city areas, with free use of the above haks, using the brick city tileset. Just a few areas would be fantastic; unpopulated, but otherwise free reign. The most important areas I can manage myself, but my current drain on motivation is creating these areas. My two areas of city that I have at the moment really aren't enough... (not that a small module... it's just no city yet)

Please, remember the setting: medieval London, with the whole city, other than two areas (one done already, and one I intend to do myself), under the deathly grasp of the undead. Not all the people are dead... The city is basically a large cattle farm, and vampires like live meat.

Even a single area is potentially a help. Thanks a load to anyone who wants to send me anything. Full credits will be given. Please submit in erf form to priceofprogression@yahoo.co.uk, or use the little email button above the post.

EDIT: Go to my site (following the link at the top of the page) to find the extra wee hak that makes it all compatible. It'll be there in about 3 minutes. Check the downloads section.

EDIT #2: Okay, it's not. I'm rubbish at HTML, and I'm too lazy to download Frontpage Express again. All it does is make the skeleton race compatible with the CEP creatures, which aren't needed for an unpopulated map anyway. But it does prevent skeletons being used as scenery now. I believe they show up as gallows without it, but it's been a while since I checked.

[ August 11, 2005, 21:02: Message edited by: Alavin ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.