1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Nights Forum Closed

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Oct 17, 2001.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Darien)

You may have noticed that the Official Neverwinter Nights boards have been down. Well, rumors are flying of course, but there is a bit of reassurance out there. NWVault posted this statement from Bob McCabe:

There's absolutely no bad news on the Neverwinter Nights front. The game is still progressing and shaping up very well, and we're all still eager and excited (even through the long hours) to get it into the hands of the community so y'all can see what we've been up to. In fact, we're in the process of finishing up a new (2 hour) demo of game play (an actual module) that we'll be shipping off to Interplay (and only Interplay - sorry!), so that they can see how far the game has come. Truth be told, this demo looks quite a bit better than the one that we showed off at E3 last May, so we think it will have everyone pretty excited. I know it's been nice to sit down after work and play through the module - it's really nice when something you've worked on for so long actually starts taking shape; we've got ourselves a game, here! :)

As a further update, the game isn't quite finished just yet. There's still a lot of programming to be done, both for the game, and the toolset. We're still working on the official campaign (we really want something that will satisfy all of the people who have grown to love our BG-style epics), and then there are issues such as voice over and music. But all in all, it's coming together very well, and you have nothing to fear :) I'm not sure why the message boards are down. I can only assume that they're doing some sort of maintenance on them or something, but I haven't looked into the issue too deeply. I'm sure everything will work itself out. It's easy to come to quick conclusions on such topics, but usually, it's nothing quite so dramatic :)

Hope all is well.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.