1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Neverwinter Chronicles Interviews Rob McGinnis

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by Tiamat, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Neverwinter Chronicles, an Italian site, has posed Rob McGinnis some questions submitted by their own community members. The questions and answers are provided in both Italian and English and, although the translation is a bit cumbersome, the answers are interesting:

NWN2 has exceeded your expectives? and where it seems to you it could have been done better? Maybe you've been done something in a different manner? Will you improve the Artificial Intelligence?

There are two areas I think NWN2 has exceeded my expectations: First, even with the bugs and the steeper learning curve, I think the toolset is much more powerful. The things you can accomplish with it are truly amazing and I have seen some fantastic areas built by community members. The second thing that impresses me is how much Obsidian listens to the community. When we start talking about the next patch version, a large part of that conversation is about what the different communities want and need. We have even gone to the community to get their input on the DM Client and held a small online meeting with some of the community members to draft a short list of improvements.

Will there be a technical collaboration between you and the teams born in NWN1 (as DLA, PRC, CEP...)? What d'you think?

As far as a business relationship, that’s not really my area. But as far as helping each other make NWN2 a better game? We talk to the PRC people almost daily and get their feedback on things and listen to their suggestions. Some of the changes to how 2da files are handled came from our conversations with them. Unfortunately, some changes have made it difficult for the PRC group to move forward with their projects. Hopefully with 1.06 we should be able to get them going again.

Read the rest here in your language of choice.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.