1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Never Say Good-bye on an Angry Note

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Elios, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I just got an email from a friend that is very sad. There is also a lesson to learn among it.
    My friend's dad got into an argument with his mom this past weekend. Apparently it was something stupid and trivial. The mom went to bed angry and they weren't speaking. The dad stayed up for several hours watching a movie and then latenight television.
    He went to bed several hours later. He had cooled down somewhat and was going to wake the wife up to apologize. When he got into bed and went to wake her up, she was cold. She had passed away a few hours earlier. She had a heart attack in her sleep.
    It was wierd that I got this email tonight as I had an arguement with my wife tonight. Something small. We did say goodnight to eachother, but there was still some leftover from the argument.
    Don't let this happen to you. Never leave an arguement without resolving it. When you leave, make sure you say goodbye. And always tell the ones in your life just how much you love them.
    I was going to post some more topics tonight, but instead I'll save them. I'm going to bed and when I get there, I am telling my wife I love her.

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

This is what scares me, man. I don't want to end things with my wife on an angry note -- I don't want to end things that way at all. There's a real lesson to be learned from this story and my present disaster -- never, ever close things down when there is still pain or an argument. Talk it through until 4am if you have to.

3. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

That's what happend to my parents. They got divorced because my mom is a very "expressive" person while my dad is the opposite. They probably went to bed angry every night of their marriage. Frankly, I'm surprised it lasted for 25 years like it did.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I suppose he's now all one big remorse and his conscience won't let him hear the end of it. He might even think he's killed his wife. Perhaps it did contribute.

Myself, I'm now very close to making a resolution not to ever again end matters unsolved by just cutting them. That's about what I did a week ago. Hitting on one girl who either realised or not, dating but not calling it dating, flirting, but then you flirt with friends etc too, and well, not being sure of anything... in fact having a big problem about that at the time being... I for some reason felt morally compelled to keep my hands and wits around myself when I met a girl on holidays. Like my type of woman incarnated, sort of. Everything: personality, brain, looks, manners, upbringing, values, whatever. As I know how brain works in such cases, especially if you're already being in trouble when getting struck by such emotions, I tried to put my mind at rest telling myself that the brain was overdoing. I was able to restrain myself from doing anything, but unable not to seek any contact at all. Even when I actually had to put my arm around her and hold her closer because of the freezing cold and strong wind (sort of 20 kilometres already made and 5 still to make), which I for obvious reasons probably also did too late, I still kept myself on guard. Ultimately I didn't ask any e-mail address, telephone number or whatever... thinking I was doing the right thing.

Now it's quite apparent the girl here doesn't care too much and isn't really all that much into it. Her mobile has not been working properly for ages (I have to believe her on this), and when I tried to contact her on Monday morning, as we arranged, the 'line was temporarily inaccessible'. I kept trying until Tuesday evening and not any further only because she was going abroad today for a week. Needless to say, I tried the mobile anyway, dropped SMSes and was writing mails all the time. She, in turn, didn't even borrow a mobile from anyone or get internet access at a friend's or whatever. And it wasn't the first time, it has always been like this. At this point I'm well... honestly, quite tired.

And then, suddenly, it also appears my brain wasn't really working the way I thought it was. What's more, I served myself a session of cold-blooded logic applied on whatever I was treating myself with. Ironically, I most probably didn't in fact do the morally right thing either, so I can't even say I was doing and have done all my best and everything right honest unto God etc.

Now if I had a phone number, email address or ICQ or other communicator number, I would probably have realised a few things by now and the girl from holidays would be a friend and only friend and my sick mind would be at peace. Now holiday photos will be ready soon and I'll be confronted with a whole new experience :rolleyes:

So, this is what you get for cutting it without solving it. Never do this, for your own sake. Hope the story helps you here. Read it again any time you even think of cutting anything.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.