1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Need Some Help Cheating in Some Gold

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by dogsoldier, Aug 26, 2012.

1. dogsoldier Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Gentlemen,
    It's been awhile since I played, and besides that, I have a new computer. So I started the entire game all over again from scratch. Which also means I have little gold. I find it frustrating and I just want to buy all the stuff I want.

I have a game already going, and am about to start the Horde Fortress. So I enabled the Cheat Menu in the configuration menu, and opened up the game. I do the "CTRL" + "TAB" thing, which brings up the small box at the bottom of the screen, and I type in "ctrlaltdelete:addgold(25000)".

The game gave me no extra gold but told me, "Nice try, cheater!" or something along those lines. I haven't tried any other cheats. I just want enough money to buy the good weapons, armor, special items, and all the healing potions I want.

I have the game and bonus disc installed, plus the latest update (2.01 or whatever it is), plus Crucis's LOSv2 mod. That's it.

If anyone can help me out with what is going on here, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

2. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm not sure. I don't use those commands. But as someone who just played the early parts of the game, I can say that just through natural gameplay you will gain enough money to get all the stuff you want, and then some. And until you do, the game's challenge level is more than manageable (lower the difficulty level if you have trouble). Anyhow, it's really not necessary to cheat.

Not the answer you were looking for, I realize. Perhaps another will know the answer you seek.

3. dogsoldier Gems: 7/31

Yeah, I've played through the game and finished it probably 20 times and finished it through HoF about 8 times, I think. I've played it a lot since it came out (when was that, 2002?), so I know a lot about how the flow of the game will all work out, and I know I won't get the gold I want until long after I have to leave Targos.

The Light of Selune mod has some great items in it, and it's not that any of them are particularly expensive. But being able to buy more than 1 or 2 (and I want about 10 of them) when my party is composed of 4th-level dudes with a few thousand GP is out of reach until I can build up a solid purse of 15,000 gp or more.

I have never cheated. Well, maybe technically. What I generally did was, when starting a new game with a new party, import in an existing character from a previous game, unload all of his "end of game" high-quality, high-value gear on one of the new characters, then delete the existing character, and sell all of his kit in Targos, so my party had plenty of gold from the beginning. Never used the overpowered items, just sold them for gold, so I could purchase whatever I wanted. I guess that's cheating, but I justified by saying that one of the party members was independently wealthy, or had a wealthy patron, or something.

In real-life, I've been managing checkbooks, credit-cards, corporate accounts, spending plans, etc, for my whole life. It's not fun; it's tedious and often annoying. I just don't care to do it in a video game.

4. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Another option is to download DaleKeeper 2.

It's a savegame editor. You can open a recent save, and simply type in whatever amount of gold you want your party to have, among many other changes possible.

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Can this LADY give it a go? Or is it just gentlemen? :lol: :p

Try putting quotation marks around the number in brackets. You could always use the midas command as well for 500 GP at a time

coineineagh likes this.
  6. Marceror

Media:
    Strongly encouraged! :D

7. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I must say, I was using 'lady' in the looses sense of the word ;)

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  9. dogsoldier Gems: 7/31

Ladies and gentlemen,
    Thanks a lot, the "Midas" cheat works fine. I took care of my money problem and bought the 30,000 gp worth of stuff I "needed." Thanks!

10. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    First, check that the cheats have been enabled in the .ini file (which under Vista or 7 might be in the virtual stores), and second, try both cheatersdoprosper and ctrlaltdelete. Maybe you didn't _really_ get the patch installed correctly and thus need to use the former instead of the later.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.