1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

need help with fire golem?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by cmarface, Dec 30, 2002.

1. cmarface Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] how can i beat the fire golem? I tried many times but the elementals keep on killing the weaker party members and then the golems healt points keep on regenerating him completely?

2. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Are you referring to the Burning Men in Yaga Shura's stronghold?

First of all, Remove Fear beforehand is a necessity to prevent Panic from afflicting the party.

Second, single the Burning Men out before the Elementals so as to minimize the Cinder Showers (blindness).

Third, area effect spells other than fire such as Chain Lightning and Horrid Wilting should help.

Fourth, if you have it, the Ravager Halberd +4 is simply awesome for killing both a Burning Man and a Fire Elemental in a single shot.

3. cmarface Gems: 2/31

thanks beren. Im actually near that stage and a head start is always helpfull. What I was reffering to, and I'm sorry that I id not make it more clear, is the Greater Fire Elementals and the Fire Golem in the Watcher's Keep. As I said before, my party members seem to die so quickly and the golem always regenerates and seems to be resistant to some magic so how is it that i can kill him??? (level 2, watchers keep, the stage where you try to save that demon/air/fir elemental)

another thing, whats actually effective against yaga shura himself, most of my weapons are +3 and nothing seems to effect him, chain lighting doesnt work, i cant even do stop time because the bowmen always seem to kill me quickly, and also there are swarms and swarms of 'soldiers' which i simply cant kill, so is it possible to kill him without going to watchers keep??

[ December 30, 2002, 11:19: Message edited by: cmarface ]

4. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If I'm not mistaken, you're referring to three Fire Elementals and a Fire Giant.

An essential prerequisite, you must have cleared the ice chamber in the southwest corner first.

Now lure a Fire elemental one at a time into the Ice Chamber, and wait for it to stop as though paralyzed. DO NOT TOUCH IT! Wait for it to crumble into little ice pellets. This is the only way to permanently kill the Fire Elementals.

Killing all of the Elementals is itself a prerequisite to making the Fire Giant vulnerable, who can now be killed normally.

As for Yaga-Shura, I need to know a little more before I can answer that. Have you found two still beating hearts in his Stronghold? Are you playing against the Improved Yaga Shura?

5. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] I think he accidently takes this giant in the fire lab as Yaga Shura...

6. cmarface Gems: 2/31

beren, thanks again. Now, with the Yaga Shura, im up to the part where theres a bridge (SIEGE CAMP) and theres so many enemies, when i do actually come to the dude called Yaga Shura, he seems invulnerable and the archers and fire giants just easily kill off my waeker party members. I am a mage and dont have too much health point so i usually die straight after. Is there some sort of trick to beating the hords of enemies or is there something else?
    Thanks again for the help!

7. Beren

Media:
    From the sounds of 'invulnerable', I have to assume that you haven't yet discovered the way to weaken him just yet.

On that assumption, there's a few outdoor areas that you need to visit before the Siege Camp.
    My recommendation is first to find and explore a marsh that contains some Temple Ruins.

I'll let you make your own way from there.

[ December 31, 2002, 10:00: Message edited by: Beren ]

8. Rathan Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

If you are worried about getting killed as a mage I can only say this:
    Either you've messed things up before completing BGII: SOA, or you've messed up after starting on BGII:TOB... explanation follows.

As a mage at that point you're reffering to you should have these spells (which will make you immune to most figthers, MC/DC Fighter/Mage excepted):
    Wail of the Banshee (Kills about anything in sight if they don't save)
    Finger of Death (Kills most standard figthers if they don't save)
    Deathspell (A mix of the two previous spells)
    Chain Contengency (Automaticaly casts 3 spells on you)
    Protection from Normal Weapons (for the Chain Contengency)
    Protection from Magic Weapons (for the Chain Contengency)
    Globe of invulnerability (for the Chain Contengency)

With Chain Contengency you'll be pretty much invulnerable the second you see any enemy, and can therefore focus on casting some spells that really hurts.
    --------
    To maximise your capabilities as a wizard you should have the following items, if not; too bad:

Robe of Vechna (Gives you an AC of 4 and lowers the casting time for all spells by 4 (lets you cast most spells of lvl 5 or lower as fast as Magic Missile)).
    Ring of Wizardry (Gives you extra spellslots in spelllevel 5-6-7 (or is it 6-7-8?)).
    Amulet of Power (Makes you immune to Level Drain + Silence, grants 5% Magic Resistance and lowers the casting time for all spells by 1 (lets you cast most spells of lvl 6 (with Robe of Vecna) or lower as fast as Magic Missile)).
    ---------
    With the above you should be able to defeat most standard enemies in about 2-3 rounds and most quest-related enemies in about 6-7 rounds.

[ January 05, 2003, 02:31: Message edited by: Rathan ]

9. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] I don't think you can combine Protection from Magical and Normal Weapons!

10. Rathan Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Well in that case you just have to use the spell Mantle (immunity to +2 weapons and below i think)instead of the two Protection spells, and then choose Spell Immunity (When cast select the Evocation School: Makes you immune to most damaging spells) as the third spell for the Chain Contengency. This should make the mage immune to most enemies for the 4 round duration of the Mantle, which is enough to dispose them.

Also if you have Time Stop, then use that instead of/together with Wail of the Banshee, as you can then cast about 3 Deathspells or 2 Abu-Dajims Whitling Horror in the time given from the Time Stop, as well as letting you use any Spell Trigger, that you have previously armed, to re-cast the defensife magics if they were dispelled or ended normally.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.