1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NCAA Hoops

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by dmc, Mar 17, 2011.

1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    No one made a thread about this yet.

The "mighty" Big East gets its first loss when little old Morehead St. beat Louisville at the end. Nice 13 / 4 upset.

Princeton almost beat Kentucky as well.

This should be fun . . .

2. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have Duke beating Kansas in the final.

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I have Kansas over Syracuse. But my bracket is already on life support after a single day. I had both Louisville and St. Johns making it to the Sweet 16. *sigh*

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well, my UCLA Bruins almost gave me heart failure. If the game were 20 seconds longer, they would have lost. And that after being up 23 with 8 minutes to go.

Florida is going to demolish them . . .

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't follow basketball much, but isn't a 23 point lead with 8 minutes left supposed to be pretty much insurmountable (at least when involving teams that are supposed to actually know how to play the game)?

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    I think that was dmc's point - and why he nearly got a heart attack.

7. dmc

Media:
    When the other team starts hitting their threes and your team stops hitting free throws, 23 points may not be enough.

8. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Wisconsin was flatter than flat last night. Butler had nothing, but the Badgers jsut had less....Duke layed an egg in the 2nd half. They looked like a bunch of school kids out there with no sense of Defense whatsoever. After such a big year to boot. What a let down for Coach K.

9. dmc

Media:
    Yeah, I have to say I cackled like a witch with a cauldron full of tasty kids watching Duke implode.

Once UCLA was out, I turned to rooting for the Pac-10 teams . . . er . . . team, so go Arizona.

10. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Going head-to-head with my boss. I need either an OSU and NC win this round or 2 NC wins overall and I collect, otherwise I am paying out. I needed all three of Duke, Wis and SDSU to lose last night. I hit the tri-fecta!

11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Here's something that isn't that surprising, but quite humorous. On ESPN's bracket challenge, they had nearly 6 million entrants. Of those, exactly TWO have the correct Final Four - and I bet both of them are VCU grads who also happen to have friends and family attending Butler.

12. Blades of Vanatar

I wonder if VCU will be the Butler of last year? Or does Butler pull it off again. My money is on VCU. But I think the winner of the Uconn/KT game wins it all. UConn is riding high right now.

13. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I am pulling for VCU or Butler to be the national champ. I think it would be awesome if nobody in our office pool picked the champion.

14. Blades of Vanatar

Snook,

I would of thought "West of Boston" makes you a Huskies fan...

15. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    While I do have a friend who got his doctorate at UConn, I've never been a big fan of Calhoun and the Huskies.

16. Blades of Vanatar

I am a Nova fan myself. Also like to root for Princeton and Ryder when they hit the tournament, they are always underdogs that keep it close with the big teams through good defefnse and lack of turnovers. Who is your local team of choice? Boston U? Harvard?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.