1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

navmeshbug campaign

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim' started by Nakia, May 23, 2012.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    A group of Skyrim players and modders have started an organized campaign to keep the navmesh bug in front of Bethesda. It is polite and we are trying to be careful what we say. We are on FaceBook the group name is: Fix Skyrim's Navmesh Bug,and allow great mods.. We are posting on Twitter search for Skyrim mod tweets and using #navimeshbug for search also. We are asking other players and modders to support this and spread the word.

The navimesh bug is making it difficult for modders to make the kinds of mods that were made for Oblivion. The work around is to make an ESM which cannot be uploaded to Steam. Many of us prefer the ease of Steam to search other sites.

I played Oblivion off and on for six years. I have played Skyrim for six months. I have enjoyed the game and gotten my money's worth from it but I am disappointed that I cannot get the great mods that I had for Oblivion and that I am unable to make the type of mod I wish to make. Soon I will be putting Skyrim on the shelf to gather dust.

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Can we get some more info? From the limited internet search I've done, it appears that NPCs stop moving, interacting, etc when attempting to make a mod of the game. My question would be to ask if it's actually a bug? Is there something in the way that Bethesda develops its games that makes this unavoidable?

(Granted, for me this is a secondary issue as I play Skyrim on console, so the only game alterations I get are official patches which download automatically.)

3. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    All Game-Bryo game suffered this.
    Oblivion, Fallout and so on.

I wonder if it's a engine-bug or rather a design one.

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Oblivion did not suffered this it started with Fallout 3 when they changed the engine. Word has it that they are a planning a creation kit for console players.

All we know is that Bethesda did use some third party software which is not available to us. Bethesda promised us a workable Creation Kit and that they would support it. Many of us purchased the game at least partly because of this promise. All we are asking is that Bethesda either fix the CK, the game or explain to us why it cannot be fixed.

The bug or whatever you want to call it means that companions cannot enter house mods. Any mod those goes into a second level suffers from the #navmeshbug. People climb on furniture, cluster in one spot, just stand there and won't interact. Companions won't follow you. Skyrim is a modders nightmare but if the #navmeshbug is fixed others things could be lived with or worked around.

5. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Just read that in 1.6 the nav-mesh bug is history!

And add On top the long awaited Mounted Combat.

Seems like Skyrim-ers will have some pretty cool stuff for the hot months!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.