1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Name That T.V. Show

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Splunge, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This might end up sucking, but I thought a game similar to the Quote Game and Song Quote Game, except based on television shows, could be fun.

So here’s the deal. Name something identifiable with a particular T.V. show. It could be anything – a character, location, organisation, often-used phrase - whatever. Try to avoid something that could easily be from more than one show. The person who correctly guesses the show gets to go next.

Same rules as the other games apply – wait for confirmation, no Google searches, impatient jackass rule if someone doesn’t post a new clue within 24 hours after having their guess confirmed correct, etc.

OK, I’ll start:

4077th

[ August 05, 2004, 21:08: Message edited by: Splunge ]

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    M*A*S*H

If you go to Zha'a'Dhum you will die.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    M*A*S*H is correct.

But assuming you've also posted the next clue, I have no idea where it's from.

4. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Babylon 5

Next clue: Rosco P. Coltrane

[ August 05, 2004, 20:19: Message edited by: BigStick ]

5. Splunge

Media:
    Dukes of Hazzard - Never watched the show, but I know the character.

Meathead

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    All in the Family

Next Up: Boner

edit - @ Splunge

Killer idea - I've been trying to come up with a TV version of the Quote Game for a while now. This is great!

:thumb:

7. Splunge

Media:
    D.R - Thanks! And just imagine how high your post count will get now! :D

(P.S. - All In The Family is correct; I don't recognise yours, though.)

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Family Ties?

9. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No, not Family Ties. Close, though.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Growing Pains?

11. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Yes.

12. Harbourboy

Maybe this is a game I might actually be able to answer. Next one:

"Polk High"

13. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Married, with Children.

Next: Alexander Lucard (might be hard, I don't know)

14. Harbourboy

Too hard for me.

15. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Ooh, I think I know this one! Is it Dracula?

I seem to obsessed with Dracula. A few days ago I went out and bought 2 original Dracula films, and have started a Vampire: The Masquerade PnP game. I also own almost every Castlevania game ever made, wherein there's a character called Alucard. Coincidence? I think not!

16. Death Rabbit

Media:
    You are correct - but you have actually seen the show, right? You didn't just figure it out from the name?

You win either way, of course - I'm just curious.

17. Harbourboy

Alavin - but have you read the Bram Stoker book? Sorry, that was off-topic. Back to the game.

18. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

I saw some clips from it on the net while searching for Dracula stuff. That's the only experience I've had of the series. And I have read the book. It was so obvious I left it off the list. :D

Anyhow.

I'm not sure how obscure this programme is, but anyway.

Grub Smith.

19. Fiatil Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Ooh, that'd be Travel sick, good show that.

Peter Griffon.

20. Splunge

Media:
    Family Guy? (I'll wait for confirmation.)

Edit: OK, I did a seach, and I'm right, so...

KAOS vs CONTROL

[ August 06, 2004, 01:43: Message edited by: Splunge ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.