1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Name That Song!

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Kitrax, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    [​IMG] No, this is *not* a trivia game. This thread is for those of us how hear a song and wonder, "Who sings that?" or, "What's the name of that song?" I ask myself these questions almost daily, and I want answers, dang it! :rolleyes: So feel fee to help those of us who haven't a clue...

As for me, the song I'm currently wondering about has these lyrics:

'Be my angel'
    and
    'Do you wanna' die?'

Both line are repeated several times thoughout the song, and it's a rock song...if that helps. :rolling:

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

If you want to find the name of a song, you could google the lyrics. I did this one for you :)

If the lyrics go:
    Be my angel
    Be my angel
    Do you wanna die?
    I promise you
    I will treat you well
    My sweet angel
    So help me, Jesus

Then the name of the song is Possum Kingdom by Toadies.

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

My problem isn't the words. Eventually, I'll get to the song title or chorus to clue me in. I hate it when I get some crap piece of music in my head that I don't and/or can't remember what it's from! :bang: Google that. :p

4. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Well, Googling "nah nah nah nah nah nah" works for "Hey Jude". :D

5. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Here is one for Undertaker, BOC and Myth

"I was born on these streets, years ago"

The song is 'Blood streets', but who is the band? I thought it was 'Rage'...

6. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

You called :D ?
    I do believe the band is Riot :) And the album is Thundersteel (funny album cover btw)

7. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

The song is indeed "Blood streets" from Riot's "Thundersteel" album.

8. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I wonder about this song for more than a year now maybe someone can help:

When I think of you, I wish you'd be here
    Life is more beautyfull with you by my side
    I can't.....
    I feel I'm far away from you.

I'm far away from you
    I'm far away from you

It's a bit of a punk/ska song, anyone has a clue?

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Anybody know the title song to the Halloween movies? I have it stuck in my head and can't get rid of it. For some reason, I'm thinking it's Tubular Bells. :hmm:

10. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Tubular bells was the music for The Exorcist, the Halloween music was written by John Carpenter the writer/director of the first film but I don't know any titles. Hope that's some help :)

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Got another one. I was watching a commercial for the Tragically Hip's new compilation album/CD and now I have one of their songs in my head. I don't know the name of it, but all that I remember is:

Gordon: *incoherant mumbling*
    Back-up Vocals: Don't even matter
    Gordon: I hear the words *mumbling*
    Back-up Vocals: Don't even matter

12. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Blah, non metal songs are not worth my attention :p

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Undertaker, just hush. :rolleyes:

14. Newfie Banned

I have a song I have googled and I can't find it anywhere. I think it's from the late seventies or early eighties. In the video it has a dark haired woman swinging back and forth in a bob and weave kind of dance by herself.

" and I want..and I want... and I want, and I want, and I want, and I want you back, I want you back. I want you back. I want you back."

15. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I googled that and the one I found is Sherry Kean's I want you back.

Seemingly it was a hit in Canada in '83-'84. That's probably why YOU are singing it... you, being from Canada. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.