1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Nagging at the ending

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Rogue16, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Rogue16 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I've had nothing to do today, so I've been surfing trough the Torment forums on different sites, and I keep finding all these post from people who didn't like the ending. Why?! I loved the ending.
    some write that they were left with a funny empty feeling because it's so sad, but Torments' sad all the way through. if they had made an ending with the Nameless one and his friends living happily ever after it woulda totally spoiled the whole story and atmosphere!
    now, I'm a girl and I showed Torment to some of my girl friends and they didn't even like it because they thought it was too sad.
    The main reason I was so caught up in Torment *was* the tragic story, because it's so different from the typical romantic RPG where the hero saves the world and gets the heroin in the ending.
    The only thing I agree that could have been done different in the ending was a better goodbye to Annah. I think she really deserved something a little more touthing after dying for him and all. (and normally I am *not* a fan of touchy-feely stuff!)
    anyway, if you disagree with me, feel free to post back and let me know.

2. ClammyRyu Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Aw, The endings not that bad.
    But, just think...
    NO has to live eternity there?
    harsh..
    And extremist, If youre reading, whaddya think of the story?

3. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

"gets the herion in the end"

Wow...Freudian slip?

4. Rogue16 Gems: 1/31

I *meant* HEROIN as in the female main character, Einstein.

5. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31

Ah. Heroine.

(I like that while teasing someone for misspelling something I misspelled the same thing. :D)

6. Rogue16 Gems: 1/31

Hm. Well, I'm still insulted.
    so, what did *you* think of the ending since you're such a *clever* one?

7. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31

I liked it. If it had ended with the Nameless One running off and settling down as a shoemaker or prince with Fall-from-grace or Annah or something similarly closed, it would have detracted from the overall game.

This way, if you wanted...I dunno...you and bunch of other people could continue the story on a message board. If you don't like their story, make your own. I enjoy flexing my imaginative muscles, and not necessarily having everything spoon fed to me(though that is also nice).

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

There is more in the Torment ending that can be described with mere words... :D

About the story, sorry, I've researching some things on BG2 forum right now and I don't have time (plus my damned one day business trips drive me :mad: )...
    But the story works good for now, what are you waiting, POST the new sequel!

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited July 11, 2001).]

9. ClammyRyu Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

That's the problem, I can't, I posted the last one!

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Yes, but you can hit Edit icon above and edit your post - add new part to the story...

11. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I think it's good with him giving in to his destiny and all, but here's two things which are bugging me. MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!!
    1) Why does the nameless one look at the mace and nod when he hears the question?
    2) What is the book on the spike, with the mark of Torment on the cover?

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited July 11, 2001).]

12. Rogue16 Gems: 1/31

*SPOILERS*

I *think* that when he looks at the mace and nods, it's because he now knows what can change the nature of a man.
    If you've tried merging with his mortality (which I'm sure you have) nameless says that he believes that it's Belief that can change the nature of a man.
    about the book, I don't get it either.

13. herf Guest

umm he nods at the mace because he thinks its a good weapon, he looks around for a weapon then he finds this mace, hes bviously pleased with it.

the book is his journal, he threw it down, i think its because hes starting over.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.