1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My TuTu impressions *spoilers galore*

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Register, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

1. Wizard-slayers are bad kits in BG1, up until you enter Baldur's Gate. All other mages die before the spell distruption effect start having an effect. I still don't regret using it, though.

2. The banterpack rules. Removes the last aspect BG2 were superior to BG1 after Tutu.

3. Sorcerers blow. Xan were close to useless, and I should've kept him as an Enchanter.

4. When you should recieve the Nymph's cloak, you don't. You recieve the lock of Nymph's hair instead.

5. For some reason, Montaron's HP rolls were gimped. At level 5 Fighter/level 6 Thief, he only had 38 hp. 38!

6. Kivan as an archer with his custom spear he recieves from Talanthyr and the custom bow he recieves in Baldur's Gate is overkill. Nothing could get close to him, and when Kagain tanked, he and Kagain could've taken on Sarevok alone.

7. Kagain with his 20 con as a barbarian is brutal. Nothing could take him down, nothing at all. At level 7, he had 99 hp without raging. 99!!

8. With the new Baldur's Gate II and ToB spells, Clerics are now more than walking bandaids. Entangle, Glyph of Warding, added with an Animate Dead took down most hard opponents, including Sarevok's father.

9. The Tab feature from ToB owns. Ankheg Plate were no longer a pain to recieve, and neither was looting.

10. Don't know if it is a bug or a Tutu feature, but you can actually continue playing after killing Sarevok. Just load the final save and you're set. The downside of this, however, is that you can't see the final movie.

11. When you charm someone, you can no longer speak to them for information. Too bad, but I guess engine limitations changed it.

Pretty much everything after my first run, will continue later on. probably.

2. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Imho that depends on what you're planning on using Xan for. in my all melee game Xan is actually pretty decent with 12 mage armor(ring of wizadry), 12 Charm Person, 12 clolour sprays and 5 or so blur's per day.. Mage arm, blur, charm some, walk up, colour spray them, hack'n'slash from hereon :grin:

Granted, tutu need a lot of re-balancing on both the kit fields and spell field..

Yeah, it's kinda lame you cannot see the end movie, but you could always see it afterwards by clicking the movie sub-menu, no :hmm: .

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Though I don't know much about Tutu, I can try to answer the BG1 problems.

4. Do you mean from Sorcerous Sundries? Because that's where you're supposed to take the nymph's hair in order to get the cloak.

5. 38 is actually more reasonable for a 5/6 F/T with 15 CON. The limits are 11 to 48.5; average that out and you get 30.

7. That's just Kagain. With max rolls starting from 15 at first level, he gets 105 at seventh level.

10. Sounds like they screwed up the TotSC content.

4. Register Gems: 29/31

My only mage, so he wasn't of much use because of it. I only use spells on 'bosses', not on minions.

Not really. As I said, now the clerics were usefull, instead of useless.
    Archers, however, can be pretty bad with a couple of good tanks, such as Kagain, Minsc, the PC, and/or Shar-Teel with proper equipment.

Nope, another bug.

:doh:

It is? No more Montaron for me then, since that blows. He sucks as a fighter, and he's a mediocre thief. He would be useable if the game was 3e and he could use Sneak Attacks, but this is just bad.

I know. I didn't complain, him dual-wielding Bassilus +2 Hammer(+1 electrical damage) and an Axe +1 is quite effective, too. Should've replaced that with a shield though to maximize potential.

Probably, but I don't complain. For the first time ever, I'm doing everything.

5. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

As one of the authors, thanks on behalf of the team for the kind words.

Interesting. Which Fixpack are you using? We will look into it.

That's about right for that level. Remember, multiclasses split their HP gained between classes.

Very much so. :) Though personally I don't make him a Barbarian, because he's Lawful which should make them and Berserkers prohibited. I guess Japh forgot that when he coded it.

That is one of the best parts of ToB, yeah.

This is a known issue.

Yeah, that's an engine limitation. BG1 and BG2 handle charmed creatures differently.

Since someone mentioned Montaron's usefulness, I will point out I coded a tweak to make him a pure-class Assassin (which is more to my taste, anyway). You can find it in Tutu Tweaks, here: http://www.gibberlings3.net/tutu/index.php

6. Register Gems: 29/31

No problem, you really fleshed out some of the characters, especially Xan and Kivan. Viconia seemed a bit quiet though, but that may have been neccessary to not have her tell too much so that she repeats herself in BG2.

Latest, number 13 I think it is. But as mentioned above, I was supposed to take it to the Sorcerous Sundries.

As I said, no more Montaron for me then. >=/

But why can't he be a Berserker then?

Yeah, I could, but I won't. :p Need to use other characters, too, such as Safana.

[ October 07, 2005, 14:25: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

7. Schaf Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

it's in the kit description. berserkers cannot be of lawful alignment.

but i have a question on my own, why are so many fighter-types dual wielding now? what good is a shar-teel with one longsword and one bastardsword or khalid with no strength thac0 bonus, dual-wielding bastard swords?

8. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

It is probably because a lot of players dual-wield in BG2, and the option is now available in Tutu. One tweak I would like to see (though don't have the time to code at the moment) would be differing proficiency builds for some NPCs.

9. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Yeah, I SKed the weapon proficiencies in Tutu; couldn't imagine Khalid, or anyone else for that matter, wielding two bastard swords. I mean, the swords are as tall as he is! Great mod, tho...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.