1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My Star Trek: Enterprise Thread

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Sir Belisarius, May 27, 2004.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, season 3 ended last night. I thought the whole Xindi story ended pretty well, and the season STILL ended with a bizarre cliffhanger!!! Archer, badly burned, thought dead by his shipmates, lying in a german hospital presumably during WWII, and the shuttle pod coming under attack by a squadron of P-52 Mustangs over San Francisco...So it appears season 4 will be interesting as well!!!!

The UPN network has agreed to 12 more episodes and a time slot change for Enterprise, and I hope it helps boost its ratings. I personally think this is the best Star Trek show since TNG!! I hope it doesn't get cancelled next season. There's been a mail/e-mail campaign to save it, and I really hope it works - the show has huge potential!!!

Is anyone else watching it? If so, what do you think about the show, how did you like the Xindi ending? What would you change if you could? Personally, I like the fact that it's darker, with more killing, and the crew sometimes acts in ways that seem most un-federation like fashion...Which makes sense, since the federation doesn't exist, and Starfleet is in its infancy.

Anyway, I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on my current favorite tv show...

By the way, if you haven't mailed anything in to help save the show, you can do so here.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    They've only showed the first season here, so I can't comment on anything further, but I quite liked it. Not sure how I'd rate it in comparison with other Treks though... They're showing the whole DS9 here now and next to TNG, I probably like DS9 the most. Then Enterprise, and Voyager somewhere far behind. :D

3. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] TNG was the best! With DS9 and Enterprise a close second, then the original...To me, Voyager can stay in the Delta Quadrant! ;)

4. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I too, love Enterprise. I only found they may cancel it when Veritas the Quest met a sudden end and I decided to look up what happened. Then to my horror, I was bombarded with info that pretty much evey series I watch (John Doe, Jake 2.0, Veritas, etc.) is being or has been cancelled. Damn the morons who think reality TV and programmes like Friends (I watch Friends, but have no idea why it lasted as long as it did) are more interesting. How could Voyager last soooo long and Enterprise could get ditched mid 4th season?

[ May 27, 2004, 18:33: Message edited by: Malovae ]

5. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I've only seen the first two seasons of Enterprise, and thought they were nice. Most of the episodes weren't spectacular, but I heard a lot of positive things about the third season, and I can't wait until they start showing it here in Holland. DS9 still remains my favorite, but I'll let you know if my opinion has changed after Enterprise's third season.

As for what I don't like about Enterprise: they should stick to the canon a bit more. I don't really mind the new technologies and the futuristic design of the Enterprise compared to TOS; it just sets a more realistic view of the future as we expect it to be nowadays. The Klingon for-heads also doesn't really bother me, but they should really have left out the Ferengi and the Borg. Those episodes weren't a part of a bigger story line, and could have easily been left out, and leaving the future's history like we know it from the other Star Trek series.

6. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I have to agree with Sir Bel with the standings of the shows (ie. TNG as the best; DS9 and Enterprise next...and the original and Voyager far behind).

While I do like Enterprise; I find that there's just too many inconsistencies in the show. The appearance of Ferengi and Borg seriously damaged the show's Trek credibility (not to mention the use of the name "Enterprise" for the ship... :toofar: ), add to that a very Voyager-esque screwing around with the timelines, and you get another problem.

Take this season's finale; I loved the closure with the Xindi, but the appearance of an alien in WW2 (with the Nazis of course!) really got on my nerves. Plus the fact that for some strange reason (which will presumably be explained next season) the earth is almost 2 centuries in the past... :almostmad: . Not cool. There's absolutely nothing worse for a tv show (especially a mostly-realistic show like Star Trek) to do than mess with the timeline. And it really pisses me off too... :flaming: .

EDIT: Whoa...I *just* read Mesmero's post...and realized that I pretty much repeated most of the stuff he said...woops.

7. Elendrile Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I refuse to watch Enterprise anymore due to my absolute disgust with the first two seasons. The acting sucked, the writing sucked, and was a huge blow to the genre. I remember an article I read prior to the first season that said that the writers fealt that they could be more creative if they started earlier in the Federation timeline. Well, they were wrong.
    On a sidenote, they've been showing the first season of TNG on SpikeTV, and I must say, I never remember it being so bad. It's funny how what started out so pathetic ended up as one of my favorite shows of all time.

8. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

:confused: Isn't Star Trek an old TV show with Willam Shatner and Leonard Nimoy? :confused:

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  10. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I agree with the knocks about constantly changing the timeline, it annoys me too. When this show ended in the 1940s, I stared at the screen thinking to myself...WTF?!?!??!?????!?!??

I wish they would focus more on the Andorians/Romulans/Vulcans, and the eventual war with the Klingons. Those 4 races alone should give the writers plenty of storylines to dream up without the need to add yet another superace to the genre. I too got a little annoyed with the borg entrance. I liked the Ferengi bit, I was hoping they were going to keep the Ferengi's name secret so that it didn't interfere with TNG's knowledge of the Ferengi...

It would be nice if they fleshed out the Klingon war a little better...But maybe they have something better in mind...SHould I give them that much credit?

11. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I don't think so. Not yet at least. Maybe after another season or two, the writers'll remember about the whole klingon war. Or they'll just pull another Voyager; with the series getting significantly worse as it goes.

Personally, I think that next season will just feature another screw-up with the timeline; along with the introduction of some new, uber-time-traveling race (I, for one, didn't recognize that blue guy at the end of the season finale).

12. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

At least Voyager had the best looking female crew

13. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    I don't know about that...T'Pol & Hoshi are pretty hot! Plus, Ashley Judd played Ensign Leffler in TNG - also very hot!!!

14. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Not as hot as the one with the metal things on her head

15. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Nah, T'pol is much nicer thab Seven. Not Hoshi though... that episode where she is turned into an alien kinda put me off.

16. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Enterprise is great! I enjoyed this season immensely, and like all the other Treks, it's getting better as it ages.

I'm not sure why they focus so much on time travel in Enterprise, since it was very rare in the other series. I don't mind it though; I find it adds interest. For example, a few episodes ago when the Enterprise got accidentally flung back 100 years and became a generational ship; and the current crew met their decendents in the "present" was pretty interesting to me...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.