1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My Own Company!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Fat Egg, Jun 17, 2001.

1. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

My step brother who is also a computer programmer and i have considered starting our own company together, it'll be called shadowbird (just a cool name we thought ;)
    and will concentrate on developing roleplaying games. We've already begun working on it, although we'll still keep our current jobs, what i'm looking for is suggestions from my dear friends at the boards for some original ideas and concepts on some games we can make, keep in mind that they must be original and that we are not constrained in any way all ideas no matter how far out or how expensive or difficult are all welcome. so please get to it ;)

2. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hmm, is that plot ideas or gameplay ideas?

3. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

both every single idea that pops into ur head i wnat it and if i use ill give u full credit in the credits

4. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Egg;

Way to go! You're way too good to waste at GTE!

Anyway, what about a game based on the RUNELORD books. That is very different world, espcially with the limitations of the different blood-gold brands and such. There are also some great monsters.

On an RPG note, why not make an adaptation of Champions, or TSR's old Marvel Superheroes Game? Could be similar to BG, but set in the modern day world battling supervillians. (Marketing wise-using Marvel might be good, especially with the X=Men hype of late).

One more suggestion: Why not make a game set up for the Pocket PC and/or Palm platorms. There are tons of us business guys who have to carry these things around. Why shouldn't I be able to download my Player Character (PC) from my Personal Computer (PC), place it onto my PDS and kick some BUTT during a sales meeting?

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited July 07, 2001).]

5. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

i like all those ideas especially the comic book heroes idea. we could make a simple little advenure/rpg for a palmtop or something along those lines, very nice *claps for mathetais* HOORA!! HOORA!! now to call marvel.....

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Will you also develope your own rules or use D&D rules? And in what world will the game be? Forgotten Realms? Dragolance? Middle Earth?

But it's a great idea and good luck already!

7. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

right now we have no idea about any of those questions thats why we came here to get some insight from some experienced gamers

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Forgotten REalms is so much used, Dragonlance I don't know well, I would advice, take Middle Earth.

9. Vicsun Gems: 9/31

Why not start in a new world? And if you want to pick an already existing world try planescape. It's the newest there is right now. However if you don't wanna take risks you would probably be better off with an older world. That's way of seeing things.

10. Luan Guest

Isn't that what Freedom Force is doing?

11. Azardu Gems: 9/31

Well, I think we need a dark game, where it's all about doing evil things. Killing the good guys etc. Maybe become a tyrant. Discover the mighty relic that is the Shadowbird and conquer the world! Could be fun anyways. By the way, can you even legally use those well known DnD settings? I believe the game mechanics are opened now, but you still probably need an expensive license to use any of the settings mentioned in the posts above.

12. herf Guest

hey, why dont you do the pen an paper d'nd and give it a graphical interface, have he opportunity of going online to find dungeon masters and other players and such, just draw the boards and have it 3d or sumthin like that.
    my 1 and a half cents (not quite 2)

herf

13. Hrast Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

SF!

year: not close future at all
    everything else: Asimov meets, K. Dick after playing Deus Ex for a while ans seing Perfect memory. And conspiracy as a key word.

14. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

thanks all, heres what i was thinking and i wanna know waht u guys think, ok here goes:

in a technological world far in the future, magic has experienced a rebirth, practioners r pooping up everywhere and are using technology to amplify their magic further, you create a character torn in the middle just amking his way around the world, trying to survive, u pick ur class in the beginning and have base stats depending on class which u can then increase as u go along do quests and level up, we are thinking of making it fully 3d using our own graphics engine weve been working on for 3 years and have finally developed, think of it as a really beefed up quake III engine. we plan to use polygonal characters around 3000 polygons. yes its a great undertaking but we think we can do it. so whaddya all think?

15. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31

a MMPORPG that is almost lag free with an engine to rival tribes 2.

(unlike Asherons Call, ughh)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.