1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My new movie - The Dove

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Saber, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hey everyone,

I haven't been posting much recently because I have been busy with school, but also with a new short film I've been shooting this semester. The Dove is about a young couple who goes on vacation to an isolated island, discover the girl is pregnant, and are hunted by an ancient cult for the life of their unborn child. It is reminiscent of classic horror films like Rosemary's Baby, The Shining, and The (old and good) Wicker Man.

You can check out more info at our website: http://www.dovethemovie.com or become a fan on Facebook.

I spent last semester writing the screenplay and the first half of this semester casting and planning. We are now in full production swing! We have shot about 1/4 of the movie, have two more shoots in April, and four more in May. I probably won't release it until October, but I will be working my butt off and giving updates periodically. We have production stills on the facebook page and a small behind the scenes featurette available to those who donate.

This brings me to my last point - movies cost lots of money to make, even student films. We are trying to raise money on kickstarter, a website designed to help people fund projects by providing an outlet for donations, in order to cover the costs of equipment, transportation, costumes, and food for our actors and crew. We originally set a goal of $1500, which we made, but we unfortunately misjudged our expenses and have already spent $2000. We aren't spending it wastefully, but costumes and small pieces of equipment (like extra batteries and SD cards) add up, and we need to raise more money. Fortunately, kickstarter allows us to raise as much as we can, so if anyone is interested, please head over to our kickstarter page and pledge. Even a few dollars helps, so anything you want to give would be incredible.

If you have any questions, please ask! I would love to discuss the process of filmmaking, movies in general, or this film, with anyone.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.