1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My new game idea!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Goli Ironhead, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

So, after finishing the game with almost every way possible during these five years of playing, I felt little, should we say, dissapointed. Now I had done it all, played all mods that seemed good, and tried all npcs.
    And now I realised it, still more to do! Now it's time to try something new entirely, a rat-like mutant!
    Now, this may sound stupid, but the story is that he (it?) is one of Irenicus earlier experiments, a study of combining two creatures with powerful magics. This particular one is man and a rat.
    Now, in my new game, Irenicus accidentally killed pc with all too powerful bursts of magic, and somehow managed to transfer his/her essence to the mutation for later use.
    As stupid as it may sound, it will give me at least some reason to play again. The required modifications will be done via SK, kobold avatar and sufficient portrait and soundset.
    So, what should be the cahracter otherwise be like, attributes and such? Any suggestions?
    Please don't kill me due stupidity, I'm just desperate to play game again with something fresh :D

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Well I guess it is kinda weird, but hey, you can do it, it is your game afterall!

You will change the race to kobold? Avatar is no problem though, it is easy to change, but changing the race may cause bugs!

You will need a lower STR and CON, but definitely good DEX. And even worse, below average INT WIS and CHA.

What will be your class and kit? What do you fancy? I don'T think a kobold can manage to be anything more than a pure fighter or thief. Hmm...

3. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    I would try to find some sort of stats for warerats or such..

4. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

You can have the race as kobold/whatever you want this mutation to be, but it doesn't actually display on the character records screen. Sounds like a good idea! :D

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Kobold stats from the Complete Book of Humanoids (after -1 STR & CON racial adjustments):

STR 2-15
    DEX 4-18
    CON 3-14
    INT 3-17
    WIS 3-18
    CHA 3-14

If I were you, I'd make him a cleric/thief. Start with a gnome C/T, and then SK stats, avatar, etc.

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Yes a C/T sounds kewl, but it can also be a druid, more in tune with its ''animalistic'' side.

I remember an evil druid kit, who tries to protect monstrous creatures and abominations, maybe that kit is just suitable for such a character!

7. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

Seeing that he's pretty much lived in Irenicus' dungeon his whole life, he could be mage/thief also, there were lots of books if I recall, surely some of them were about magic. Perhaps even mage/thief/fighter, divine magic user is also applicable. What ever could someone learn when he has lived his whole life in a dungeon with books, not so friendly goblins and such. C/T could be due it read a book, tried some divine magic and continued using it, serving a god without even completely knowing it.
    Thief's almost sure thing, as it seems a natural choice for nimble creature.
    This will perhaps be the most rp-based character I'm going to ever play, so I'll think carefully.
    Sophisticated to some point, can speak and write common due the fact that Irenicus gave it books and taught it after creating it. Perhaps to be a servant, who knows?

He's probably not all that sane, Irenicus is not the most gentle man in the world, alingment CN?
    Stats should perhaps be STR 10-12, it's not meant to be really killer in melee. DEX 18, it's still essentially rat with intelligence and some humanoid features. CON 10-12, same as strenght. INT is still a question, could be high or low. WIS should be around 15 or so, it has read lots of books. CHA is under 10, not quite the prettiest thing possible.
    Been getting good ideas to this point, thanks!

As rp point of wiew, it's experiences about life are mostly gathered from books and what it has learned in the dungeon. So it's thoughts could be like "Should it do that? should I do that? Why is killing considered wrong?"
    His answers to situations will be waning from peaceful to aggressive and cowardly.
    You know, this could easily develop into a one of those different kind of character mods, but now I'm going to make pc based on it.
    I'll probably be writing journal as well, since i'm not going to do anything hastily, erasing existing entries and replacing them with fitting ones.
    Also, due the fact it has the eccence of Bhaalspawn, it also has flashbacks and such from his life, explaining why it knows Imoen and so on. Imoen and others could perhaps be considering it some sort of a reincarnation, gotta think about that still.
    Of course, towards the end it will start understanding things, thinking like a regular person and so on.

For example: "Today, during resting time, I saw something called "dream". It was like everything, but I wasn't actually doing anything? Is it normal, should i have dreamed? Perhaps it was because of those things He gave me, memories, from someone else?
    I was standing in a place I seem to think was called Candlekeep, the one i got those memories from has perhaps been there. I don't know, perhaps there's a book about dreams? And Imoen, who also I seem to know now, was there also.
    Then there were people, humans and elf (?), I didn't remember so well. Imoen didn't seem to remember them at all, and they seemed to turn to stone because of that.
    Lastly she didn't seem to remember herself and turned to stone. The He came and told me some things i'm not so sure I understand.
    Perhaps those I don't remember will be turned to stone? I don't want to be stone, I need to remember myself.
    What would it be like to be stone?"

Something like that, that's it's opinions of the first dream.
    Anyways, this seems very intresting idea, one I will be giving lots of attention :)

8. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

hmm, i smell a great romance mod in the making!

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ... with Goo.

A kobold-type creature would also have a major hit on reputation.

10. Felinoid

If you want some wizard spells, there's a humanoid cleric kit called Witch Doctor. They get wizard spells as half their cleric level in addition to their priest spells, but are limited to only one school of magic. So for gameplay purposes, you could make a C/M and only use evocation spells, or only necromancy spells. :hmm: Necro would be better, since there's Larloch's Minor Drain, Horror, Skull Trap, and everything moving on up to ADHW on the wizard side, with healing spells on the cleric side. Meanwhile, there's damn near nothing Evocation-wise for clerics.

11. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i sorta thougt of a were rat as a bit of a fighter type, maybe with some innate poison(bacteria) rats are quite unhygenic, on his claws, and he would be quite stealthy if he had to avoid irenicus or some of the other monsters in the chatau.
    that being said a bit of mage or cleric would also fit nicely in, maybe a bit of wild mage? he did not have a mentor or anything like that, besides the books anyway.

so i guess i am wanting a bit of a custom kit a cross between assasin, fighter and a wild mage

12. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

I think you could possible make a custom kit that will combine the Assasin and the fighter, but don't know about the wild mage, maybe yuo could dual to mage, or you could put abilities like the wild mage!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  13. starwalker Gems: 16/31

Ooo... I could see mage, thief, and Druid/Cleric supported very easily in Irenicus Dungeon.

The first two have been pointed out well. That massive library. Sneaking around past enemies and things.

But let's not forget that there are the Dryads who could have taught an attunement with nature or perhaps a nature diety of some kind.

14. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

Well, ideas have been really good, thanks again! :)
    Anyways, where i can find the witch-doctor kit? It would seem to be a good option for class. Also i have a sort of wildmage-rogue kit, but it requires playing to the Promenade to get it, not good idea rp-wise.
    More about the characteristics, It, which i have thought to name "Subject" or "Specimen", as they seem somewhat accurate names, was some sort of apprentice of Irenicus, continued experment. After bhaalspawn's essence was transferred into it, things changed and Irenicus started to look for ways to acquire the essence for himself.
    Altought it hasn't exacly needed to hide all the time, Ilyich for example has bee dying to put his hammer in it's skull.

[ March 15, 2006, 13:58: Message edited by: Goli Ironhead ]

15. Felinoid

In the 2e Complete Book of Humanoids. :shake: There's no mod for it, so you'd have to just wing it with a C/M.

16. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

I see. Well, guess these ideas are enough, time to get to the fun part, creation! And after that i shall completely rewrite biography.
    Once again thanks for great ideas :D
    Althought there is this one thing that bothers me. Why aren't clerics allowed to use bladed weapons? I can very well picture Subject standing over a body, Irenicus observing. It's handed a dagger, and taught about human body in the most direct manner possible.
    Perhaps I should use the universal weapons mod, which I normally don't like, this once, seeing it won't be any regular cleric?

17. Felinoid

Absolutely. :) Witch doctors can use any weapon usable by wizards, and can also use tribal weapons. In the kobold's case, these are: club, axe, short sword, and spear. However, they cannot ever wear armor; magical robes will have to do it for you.

18. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

Subject's not exactly kobold, so I'm adding daggers to that list. I wasn't going to use armor anyay, seeing it wouldn't fit on the character that much.
    At the start of the game Subject's going to be, well, unused to life. In the end it's learned and got used to it all, and will start to resemble somewhat normal thought-wise.
    Should be intresting, seeing that I will be spending a lot of time writing the journal, not bat thing at all as I like to write :)

19. Felinoid

/me thinks really hard about whether daggers are usable by wizards ;)

20. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31

It was the cleric part I was wondering.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.