1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My experiance with NWN

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Izlude120, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Izlude120 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well last night I finally got the game. 60$ right out of my wallet. I get home and install it. Wow, I say to myself, it installs fast. I then start the game, hmm cool everything looks ok the company logos sure are looking fancy.

I get to the title screen, hmm I say, the screen is a black. Hmm I say, its been black for 4 mins. Grr, I almost cry because of my anquish. I restart the comp, try again same thing. I then try one more time. After waiting 12 mins the title screen shows. Yay I say! I try to click someting, hmm nothing works. I then download like crazy. I first got al the patches, dosnt help. Got direct x again, dosnt work, visit help sites 50 times, dosnt work.

Finally I remeber to upgrade my Video Chip driver. I do that, its now playable. YAY. But i find that the cursor is all messed up. I take 2 hours, seriously, fixing the colors and reseting the mouse configuration. I restart the game. Yay mouse works. I make a character. Turns out I have to play on the lowest quality just to make the game fast enough to create a chara.

I start the main module. I get in game, in laggs like no tommarow! I get mad and finally go to bed at 4:00 in the morning. The next morning I give it another chance, the game still lagged but i learned to tolerate it and it speeded up a little. Enough so that it only skipped frames and still showed stuff. I only got to play 20 mins that morning because I had to do my paper route. After that my slave labor Dad made me work all day. I just got on to write this. Hehehe thats my experiance of NWN. Now im enjoying the game after my 9 hours of getting it to work.

IF ANY ONE has any idead to get the game to run faster plz say. I still have to defrag and scan disk but oh well.

This is to much for a 15 year old!!!!

I played until my first level up

2. darkelf Gems: 2/31

Alot could have to do with your PROCESSOR speed. Even though the requirments you may meet I look at it this way. Pretty much DOUBLE what the req says and you should be good to go.

3. Izlude120 Gems: 2/31

----------------------------------------
    Here is my chara-
    Pallidin-lv1
    Sorcerer- Level 1

Heh he is so much fun to play!
    Except for the lag, grr grr.
    -------------------------------
    Also I found out my prob is i need more RAM. I got plenty of speed, but not enough RAM. But anything to fix it plz tell me and also if you know a download or a windows 98 program that can help my RAm plz tell me.

PS- I already shut off all programs.
    --------------------------------
    I HAVE ENOUGH PROSESSOR SPEED

Thx anyway!

[This message has been edited by Izlude120 (edited July 04, 2002).]

4. darkelf Gems: 2/31

Only thing thats going to help RAM is more hardware RAM. those RAM boosters are pretty much a waste of time.

5. Izlude120 Gems: 2/31

Thanks man I appreciate it. I want to boost my RAM by buying more hardware chips for it. But my mom dosnt want me to mess with the computer. Even though adding RAM manually is very easy. So I guess im stuck with the lag. I did defrag last night so that should help.

[This message has been edited by Izlude120 (edited July 04, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.