1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My Big Book of (Almost) Everything

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Mr Writer, Nov 2, 2001.

1. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Well, insdead of all my BG2 knowledge going to waste I have decided to make a kind of guide to BG2:SOA, not a walkthrough, there are hundreds of them but something diffrent, or if not diffrent useful. Any Ideas will be considered (Within reason).

Also could somebody please tell me where you can find the Genie Flask (Efreeti I think) and the ring of Djinni summoning are as I can't seem to find them.

Ohh and Tal yes when its done you can have it to post on here ;)

[This message has been edited by Mr Writer (edited November 02, 2001).]

2. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Perhaps you could tell me how to solve the riddle of the twelve statues. I thought I solved the puzzle, but nothing happened. And where is the Girdle that boosts your str to 21?

3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

The genie flask is a pick-pocket item from the Dao Genie standing on the outside of the Genie's Tent in Trademeet. It may be loot on his body I am not sure.

I have never sided with Bodhi and the vampires, but my brother has, I *think* that's where he got the ring of Djinn Summoning, somewhere in that mess where Bodhi sends you to the Shadow Thieve's Guild. Not totally sure on that one.

For the statues in Spellhold, nothing appears to happen if you do it right, but if you look in the chest there is something there for you ;).

Strength 21 is Frost Giant strength right? Well IIRC you get that one from the demon knights in the Underdark, Chapter 5. Man my memory's getting fuzzy, gotta get back to BG2 :p!

4. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] It looks like you need a wlakthrough, I was thinking more along the lines of creatures and maybe treasures, anyway I will answer your questions cause im a nnice guy.

The Girdle that Gives you 21 Strength.
    Name: Girdle of Frost Giant Strength
    Location: In the Underdark, in the Koa-Toa (Southen I think) tunnels. There is a big staute and it says a sacrifice will wake my children, or something simlar. Just summon an animal onto the little dish in frount of it then (try to) kill the 5 Death Knights that appear. It is on the lead Knight.

And the Statue Puzzel is quite easy. Im asuming its the one with the items as you don;t mention the flamestrikes of the other one.
    • Try to defeat me but try in vain when I win I will end your pain

Grinning Skull (Death)
    • I have two heads but one body. The more I stand still the faster I ru.

Hourglass
    • Always do I tell the truth yet canot speak. Look to me and see what really is.

Mirror
    • Name me and you shall break me.

Gagged Man (Silence)
    • I will save you life but you can die from me. I will settle diputes but not with words.

Sword Medalion
    • To those in a dungeon I am a joy to those under my gaze I can be Hell

Sun Medalion
    • I have seen the mountis rise. I have seen the fall of Netheril. You shall die but I will carry on.

Sundial (Time)
    • Here in this place you could swallow me, were I more I could swallow you.

Jar of Water
    • Two brothers we are, great burdens we bare, all day we....are at rest.

Worn-out Boots
    • No beggining, No ending I am a cymmbol of the world.

Golden Circlet
    • At night I come without beig fetched, by morn Im gone without being stolen

Star Medalion

When you get the right Items in the right staute cheak the chest.

Edit: Damn I must be getting slow. Oh and thx Big B

[This message has been edited by Mr Writer (edited November 02, 2001).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
  5. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

How about something similar to what (gah, I forget who, I'm very, very sorry) did, pointing out amusing stuff. You could mention who has amusing dialogues with certain non-joinable NPCs, and maybe list the dialogues you get from each NPC combination - nothing specific - maybe give one line for each dialogue, giving the rough idea -like
    Haer D'Alis and Jan
    "Jan suggests a play"
    or give the numbers of funny ones, character-revealing ones etc.
    Also, an easter egg list would be appreciated

6. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] Well I have started on volume oe of the Big Book of (Almost) Everything. Creature Tactics, thanks for the suggestion AteEChoke (I can't remember how to spell it).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.