1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

My absolute favorite

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, May 13, 2004.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I'm getting lazy, and I really don't feel like making this into a poll, so I'll just ask it outright. What's your absolute favorite class and race to play? I'm not asking which you feel is the most powerful, but what race and class gave you the most enjoyment going through the game from a RP perspective?

For me, it was definitely the dwarven fighter-thief. Maybe not the powergamers choice, but I enjoyed it, despite the fact I only had a 16 in dexterity.

[ May 14, 2004, 01:04: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Serpent Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Elven mage/thief. Well, there are a lot of mage/thieves among the npcs, but this class combines abilities i like the most: spellcasting and thievery.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I'm a pretty crappy role-player, so I look at it from the fun-factor. I'm half-way through soloing a blade, and I have to say that this has been blast. Not bad tanking abilities, made substantially better with offensive and defensive spells - it allows for, and almost requires, a good variety in useful tactics. Quite entertaining.

4. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Absolute favorite? Hmm...

I'd have to say the Avenger Druid, but the Kensai/Cleric pulls a very close second.

5. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I like playing as humans, and as a barbarian or fighter. Always good fun for me from beginning to end.

6. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Human dual class Kensai(8)/Thief +

7. Algarion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Gnome - Assassain.

Allways lurking in the shadows.

8. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

From a role-playing perspective, that would be the FMT. That let's me do just about everything myself, with NPCs for backup. My protagonist can take the lead in just about any situation, so that I can play from a first-person perspective rather than a third-person perspective (with reference to the narrative/story, not the camera angle!).

9. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I had most fun playing with a dwarven wizard slayer. I really enjoyed the no-nonesense attitude, that I felt you got. I switched away from dwarves, because their race prohibits romances, which is really sad.

10. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Oh, gimme an elven or half-elven fighter/thief. Nothing is more satisfying than chunking spellcasters to open a fight. :D

11. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Wizard-Slayer(as if you didn't know that). Race? Ethier Human, Half-Elf, or Halfling, just so that I can romance Viconia. :D

12. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Female Human Kensai/Mage. The ability to cast spells and use Crom Feyr or the Flail of Ages at the same time. Good fun.

13. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Elf/Half Elf, Druid, Kensai, Ranger, Barbarian.

14. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Human Wild Mage has always been my favourite. Now I am having a blast with a half-elf Bounty Hunter.

15. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I had a run through with Frodo the halfling Mage/Assassin! :)

Before you start, I Shadowkeeper'd him...started as an elf and then changed my race later on. I know its cheating, and I know its not right and so on and so forth, but here I noticed that the topic was your absolute favourite race and class...in my case, that would be Mage/Thief, and race would be halfling...and if the race doesnt allow certain classes, then elf...and if I wanted to play a Blade...a Half-elf. NEVER a HUMAN!!

16. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I find humans dull. I have to be one in real life, so I'm not going to be one in a game. Shadowkeeper allows you to play out your ideal characters, from movies, books etc. Since the problem is that these characters are often overpowered and not possible in the normal game engine.

17. GI Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Mine is Human Fighter/Thief (How is that possible? Go figure ;) )

18. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

'la la la' - be confused and stunned by my impertinent songs. I play a human Jester almost every time and doubt I will ever tire of him. He is fun.

19. people person-i eat people Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Male, Elven Archer, because that is the realistic profession for an elf, they are reknown for their archery abibilities and its also really fun to play with :)

20. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    An elven fighter/mage. In some ways it is a power gaming choice. But I have to admit, I have a certain fascination or admiration for Feanor as a mythical character. So in essence, I like to blaze my way through the world with a similarly constructed character that combines physical prowess, intelligence, and magical power. The difference being, I sort of think of it as Feanor as he should have been instead of Feanor as he became before he died.

And of course, much of how I roleplay centers around hooking up with Jaheira. No surprise there. So having elven ancestry, along with the concomitant appreciation for the natural world, provides a certain foundation for the relationship. :love:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.