1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Music

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Thauglor, May 21, 2003.

1. Thauglor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

What kind of music do you like to listen to? What kind of music do you hate? Personaly, I like most rock and country music and a little rap. The music I hate is most rap, some country, like the country where all the singers do is whine about getting dumped and stuff. And I also hate that acid rock stuff with a few exeptions. Like I hate groups like Ozzy Osborn and Marlyn Manson. Is that stuff actualy music or just some idiot screaming into a mic as loud as possible about killing people? Well, what is your preference?

2. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Sorry to be a spoilsport but this topic has been rehashed a number of times. Try a search before posting. Some people here will not be as gentle with their comments.

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Whats Acid Rock? Explain?

Apart from that Maryln (sp) Manson, isn't all that bad. And Ozzy is a legend! Well, its just my opinion but i must say, that even though every form of musical product that has made it to our ears is actually music (otherwise, why the hell would music magazines call it music etc.) there are just some types of music i can't tolerate as much as others. For example, I don't really like most rap, garage, drum and bass etc. Whilst I don't mind some forms of pop music (and yes, i must admit, i'm a slight sucker to Busted) whilst I absolutely love most forms of rock music.

4. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Have you ever even listened to Ozzy Osbourne? Ozzy is absolutely not "screaming in to a mic as loud as possible about killing people". Try listening to for example Goodbye to romance, and think again. And listen to Rhandy Rhoads' guitar solos in Mr. Crowley, they are incredible! Ozzy is a legend, and has a damn good reason to be one too.

5. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Acid Rock? You mean like Cream, Jimi Hendrix, early Jefferson Airplane, etc.? Rock that explored psychedelia?
    I love acid rock. I don't know what Ozzy (who is an awesome heavy metal artist) or Marilyn Manson have to do with acid rock. Except that they may have been influenced by it.
    My musical tastes cross many genres. I primarily listen to R&B, soul, funk, rock, acid rock, hard rock, progressive rock, heavy metal, some jazz (I like acid jazz too) and even some classical. I don't like to think too much in terms of genre. If it sounds good to me, then that is all that I care about.

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just like Jack Funk, 'I like Soul with a capital S', I 'play the funky music'. Acid Jazz is on my list, too. I love Jazz, uptempo prefered. And yes, I sometimes listen to classic, the well known stuff like Edward Grieg's Nutcracker and some Russian componists like Tchaikovski.
    Triphop, Lounge. Got quite some CD's, but I miss the famous ones like Dido and Tricky. Got to buy some soon. I play some jungle/Drum&Bass, the stuff from Bristol, UK.

I don't listen to rock that often, but I surely don't hate it. R&B is not on my list. I like some songs, but there are more R&B songs I despise (Cisqo, R Kelly etc, mainly the 'highvocal boys' singing ooooh yeah yeaaah)

I 'hate' (hate is a big thing) 'child-music'. Kabouter Plop, K3 etc (both from Belgium btw: Keep your crap between your borders! ;) )
    I despise songs with a stupid/dumb text, like you can read about in this thread. There are 2 kinds of people dancing to that music: People of 3 years old and children of 23.

7. Nick The Friendly Goth Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I like Metal/Hard Rock, And my favorite band would be Marilyn Manson... I Do not enjoy R&B, pop, rap and country...

8. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Gangsta Rap all the way...

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Rap, some rock, a few bits of pop, fantasy style, don't know what it's called. But I can't stand classical, most boy bands or techno.

I sometimes take my own music and make up lyrics, sometimes I take old songs and add new lyrics to them. We're going to have to do that in music soon. We are making our own musicals

10. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Punk. But the good stuff, Not Aril and Good Charlate and so on.

11. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I'm exploring some new music (well, not new as in just come out, but stuff I haven't really listened to before) such as Joe Satriani (sp?) and John Mayall's blues band. I used to listen to Nirvana ALL the time, but I've hardly listened to them in ages, the same goes with Pearl Jam.

For some reason, I hate country music, probably because I had to listen to it for nine hours whilst travelling down to england in the car (AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH). Heh, has anyone noticed that if you play a country song backwards his wife comes back to him and his dog doesn't die :hahaerr:

12. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Lol, I am still as mainstream as it gets. Robbie Williams, Eminem, Sheryl Crow... I recently discovered Mylène Farmer.

13. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I finally got round to buying an Insane Clown Posse cd yesterday, after first hearing them about a year ago. Seriously funny stuff.

14. LittleJimmy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Personally, I'm a sucker for anything extreme and loud. The heavier, the better (i.e. "some idiot screaming into a mic as loud as possible about killing people", hehe). Personally I think that everyone should try and listen to some extreme metal (NOT the usual nu-metally Marilyn Manson stuff, I'm talking about REAL extreme metal. Some good bands to check out would be Emperor, Cult Of Luna and At The Gates. They all slay).

However, I do try to listen to as wide a range of stuff as possible in order to get some sort of musical balance and not become the sort of person that only likes one type of music. Saying that, both Country and Pop make me want to kill myself. I saw about 5 minutes of the Eurovision Song Contest this evening and almost died of disgust...

15. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Siouxsie most of all

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.