1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Music of Choice on SP

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Fly2tHeSkY, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

I was just wondering what the majority of people listen to on SP! From what I've seen in the favourite song and album threads, it's A LOT of heavy metal and the like. But what does everyone really like?

Me? I like RnB, Trance, Hip Hop and Dance music :D

As in:

* RnB - Massari, Chris Brown, Bobby V, MH, Omarion etc

*Rap/Hip Hop - Chingy, Snoop Dogg, Mike Jones, Bun B etc

*Trance - DJ Tiesto, Armin Van Buren, Dirty South etc

So what does everyone else listen to :p

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Celtic Folk music and chilled music.

Celtic: Enya, Loreena McKennitt

Chilled: Enigma, Cirque du soleil

stuff like that.

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I fear the majority here prefers to listen to metal/prog/goth or anything else that might be a mix of screaming guitars, rapid/tough drums and singers that either sound like a eunuch boyscout or someone who replaced his vocal chords with a road-train's exhaust.

I like to listen to:
    Easy Listening/Ambient/Lounge
    TripHop
    Drum'n'Bass
    Some types of jazz
    Some Pop/Rock like Eels, Jeff Buckley, The Cure, Depeche Mode, U2.

Edit:
    If I had to borrow some CD's from other SPers, I'd most likely try to do so from Uytuun, Chandos, Mesmero, DR, Carcaroth, HB and Takara.

[ September 14, 2006, 13:29: Message edited by: Master of Nuhn ]

4. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    folk of all flavors, but mostly Celtic-oriented: Clannad, Mouth Music, Dead Can Dance

singer-songwriter: Jason Mraz, Matisyahu, Lyle Lovett, Richard Thompson, Madeleine Peyrue, Al Stewart, Annie Haslam, John Mayer

small doses of classic rock: Rolling Stones, The Who, Alan Parsons, Led Zeppelin

Classical and Jazz of all kinds, but not the seriously experimental stuff.

... in other words, pretty much everything except hard-core rap, pop, country pop, and metal. I loathe metal.

5. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The list of CDs in my truck.

Billy Joel: Glass houses, The Bridge, Nylon Curtain and, Cold Spring Harbor
    Creed: Greatest Hits
    Staind: Break the Cycle
    Beach Boys: Greatest Hits
    Garth Brooks: Double Live Album
    Journey: Greatest Hits
    Bruce Springsteen: hits album

If I am home alone, I love to crank up some Josh Grobin, or perhaps Micheal Crawford in the Phantom of the Opera, or Elton John's Live with the Sidney Orchrestra. Then again I might just crank up my old Cinderella and Metalica CDs.

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    B, I just love that live EJ disc!

In my car, aside from the a large collection of kids' discs, I have

Lyle Lovett: Cowboy Man
    Herbie Hancock - whatever the new one is called, the one where he does all the collaborations
    Queer Eye Soundtrack
    Bond - Born
    Stevie Ray Vaughn - Double Trouble
    Deadicated, the Grateful Dead tribute album
    Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever

...and some other stuff that I just don't remember off the top of my head

7. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Not a fan then MoN? :p

I'm one of the afore-mentioned metal fans. Not so big a fan of Black, Death and 'Core stuff though. It tends to be Power, Prog and Thrash that I like (as melody tends to be quite important to my ears), though there are exceptions. Nothing wrong with a singer who can hit a decent falsetto btw.

Other than that, I tend to quite like Classical music or music that incorporates natural sounds.

Can't stand dance, RnB or rap. Awful stuff.

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Weird... They didn't show up yet. None of them. <-- That was before I edited this post, seemingly.
    Decados, the only album I like of all the 100s I heard is Ayreon's "The Human Equation" http://www.ayreon.com/thehumanequation/
    I should say that I have some respect for some of these bands and singers, but I don't fancy it too much. I don't despise it, though.

You mean Possibilities? With Santana, Paul Simon, Sting etc? I have not yet listened to it, but it definitely seems promising.

9. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I like dance music particularly Trance and House although I do listen to some DnB and Breakbeats.

I also enjoy Pink Floyd and some grunge, rock

Best Acts I've seen live The Who, Aerosmith, Basement Jaxx, Radiohead, REM, Prodigy, The Cure, Deep Purple mk II, Groove Armada, Coldplay, and standing head and shoulders above them all 2 bands Pink Floyd and Faithless.

10. Fly2tHeSkY

I'm quite amazed that there hasn't been very many crazy a$$ death metal bands mentioned yet :p

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I think they've given up since the :geezer:s have co'oped Song Quote. ;)

I'll hear about anything. Those songs about kids dying or people getting beaten I turn off though.

12. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

The classics: Led Zep, Deep Purple, The Who, Queen, CCR, CSN and/or Y, Janis, Jimi and a whole lot of other stuff from the late 60's and early 70's.

Blues: From the good old blues (B.B. King, John Lee Hooker, Albert King etc.) to blues rock (Rory Gallagher, Roy Buchanan, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Joe Bonamassa etc.), which sometimes focuses more on the guitars than blues.

That's what I listen to most often, but that doesn't mean there aren't other things I enjoy listening to from time to time. I love Tom Waits for those rainy evenings, Bruce Springsteen for that working class passion, something punkier when I'm edged up, but also some things jazzier or more soulful I borrow from my father every now and then.

13. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    So sayeth she who is about to eat our souls... :p ;)

I think I might add DS to my list of Spers who listen to interesting music as well.

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    @MoN: Yes, that's the one! I love that disc!

15. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Dragonforce, it's awesome if you like that kind of music.

16. Fly2tHeSkY

What type of music is that ...

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

:rolleyes: when BOC, Darkthrone and the rest see the thread the metal will get here soon enough :p

I prefer alternative/light rock. July for Kings, Lifehouse, Dishwalla, Fuel, etc.

Also like some emo. Taking Back Sunday, Dashboard Confessionals, etc.

I love the 80s hits too. Journey, Survivor, etc.

I listen to a lot of stuff, but most of them fall into those categories. Other genres usually have around 20-50 songs that I enjoy so I didn't list them anymore.

18. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    DragonForce is double bass, and imo cheap melodies and lyrics like "We'll carry on, fight to survive, March on", etc. And more double bass.
    This, actually, is the kind of metal I *do* despise.
    Sorry Goli...

19. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Dis someone call me? :p

Rock and hard rock of late 60s and 70s in all its forms (pure hard rock, psychedelic, southern, progressive etc) meaning bands like Blue Oyster Cult, Uriah Heep, Deep Purple, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Eloy etc.
    Classic heavy metal and power metal of 80s (bands like Iron Maiden, Manowar, W.A.S.P., Twisted Sister, Warlord etc).
    Some american thrash metal bands (Slayer, Overkill, Anthrax, Annihilator etc), I've never liked european thrash.
    Some greek artistic/folk music.

20. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Dis sb called for metalheads?
    so my favs, almost all kinds of metal

-doom metal (bands like Katatonia, Candlemass, My Dying Bride, Anathema and many more)
    -death metal (Morbid Angel, Vader, Behemoth, Death, Cannibal Corpse)
    -trash metal (Metallica, Slayer, Testament, Exodus, Kreator)
    -heavy metal (Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, Saxon, Judas Priest, King Diamond)
    -black metal (Darkthrone, Mayhem, Burzum, Immortal, early Samael)
    -gothic (Theatre Of Tragedy, The Gathering, Lacuna Coil)
    Those are only few bands I listen to :p
    I do listen to hard rock some times ;)
    I don't really like power metal (except for Helloween and Blind Guardian )

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.