1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Multiclass Monk & Unarmed BaB

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Crawl, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Here's a question I've been wondering as I'm trying to create an assasin character (monk/rouge), and I don't really remember it being addressed in the Players Handbook or the game guide (but then...what really is addressed in the game guide ;) ) Anyway, I was wondering how the rouge's bab combines with the monks unarmed bab when fighting unarmed. I know their regular bab stacks normally, but I was wondering how to go about figuring the odd bab additional attack progression the monk gets unarmed when you multiclass a monk with another class.

2. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

AFAIK in NWN, the BAB's just add up and even one level of monk will cause your character to advance using the faster monk attack table (ie. an extra attack every other 3 BAB's when you're using your hands or a kama).
    Which leads me to believe this is a serious bug since you could have a monk 1 fighter 19 character with 19/16/13/10/7/4/1 (7 attacks) per round :)
    Plus the flurry of blows, haste etc.. :D

The PHB says something like you either use your monk BAB or the other Multiclass BAB's (they don't add up and are treated seperately). Which is kind of weird. I suppose the issue is resolved in the oriental adventures book but alas I haven't had the chance to look at it yet.

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Hmmm...well, I would hope it's the former, as that would make my assassin a pretty decent fighter ;) But you're right, that would completely overpower one level of monk mixed with other classes. Of course, a fighter with one monk level isn't going to do much dagmage with his fists, but still, the exta attacks would be just evil.

4. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Hmm heh well monks can use Kamas and retain their high number of attacks. So imagine a monk/fighter dual wielding two kamas (+3 no less I've seen them :) ) with weapon focus, weapon specialization, improved two weapon fighting, hasted and flurry of fists..
    That's 10 attacks per round :D

5. void Guest

Sheesh! 10!!!

I've got oriental adventures lying around here somewhere, perhaps I'll look into it sometime...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.