1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

MTV Video Music Awards: 2003

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by DarkGoddess, Aug 30, 2003.

1. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I was just wondering if anyone here saw these or not. As I was too busy at work, I didn't catch it, but they'll be showing it all this weekend. Still, Chris Rock hosted it again, for the 3rd time, and I know that he was a great host the other 2 times. So, in conclusion, I want to know what you guys thought about it, if you saw it at all.

2. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well I heard, that Justin ****lake got some awards he really didn't deserve and the ugly slut Britney and Madonna thought it would be a good idea to kiss each other.

Wonder how much times Britney had to wash herself for that.

But then, I do only listen to Rammstein and Metallica and Nirvana and Disturbed and other bands you maybe don't know a nut about.

[EDIT] Put maybe in the bloody sentence.

[ August 31, 2003, 00:05: Message edited by: Eze ]

3. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I didn't see it, I didn't even know it was on. Probably some crappy bands and singers, who don't even know what real music is, and are adored by 14 year old girls won some prices. Anyway, I will not start a rant here again about my opinion of modern music. The only thing worth watching for would be Chris Rock. I never saw him host a show, but his stand-up comedy is hilarious. He rocks!

4. Eze Gems: 24/31

Mesmero, I am nearly 14 and I don't adore those artists, so please don't generalize. :/

5. dman18 Gems: 9/31

I thought it was pretty good, Chris Rock was hilarious. His theme this year was, "How many rappers can I make fun of before I get shot." But trust me, I'm a 14 year old guy and I listen to rock and hip-hop, like Linkin Park and Nelly, so no stereotyping me. But most of us have to admit, that lip-lock was pretty cool. :grin:

6. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Britney, Madonna and Christina had me going: Hollywood :rolleyes:

I seem to be doing that more and more of late.

7. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Yeah I seem to have a knack for flipping through channels and ending up on the award shows just at the point that is talked about on the news for the next few weeks (and having been annoyed by the "silliness" of it, I switch off right after that part) So I saw the kiss between Madonna and Britney Spears but ironically nothing else -- this happens to me with the Grammy's as well. I always end up seeing the part they talk about in the news and then nothing else.

8. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Yeah I saw that publicity stunt with Madonna and Britney. Load of rubbish :)

9. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

To set the record straight; my English isn't perfect and I didn't mean that all 14 year olds adore those bands, but I meant that most fans of people like Justin Timberlake or Britney Spears are young teenagers.

But Eze, I'm not the only one generalizing. What is the right English expression? The pot calls the kettle black? You assumed that Dark Goddess doesn't know anything about the bands you mentioned, just because she watches the MTV awards. If I knew Chris Rock was hosting the show, even I would have watched, even though I think that most of the people who won prices are untalented singers only in the persuit of fame and quick cash.

10. Cross Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

(Eyes glaze over and drooling commences): Mmmm,smooching...

Homer Simpson, anyone?

11. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

It has been a great sh*t, as always in the last 7 years at least, and it's getting even worse with time passing if possible.
    I hate Mtv. :mad:

12. Eze Gems: 24/31

Good point, Mesmero. I edited the sentence.

:/

13. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Madonna and Britney kissing? What a scary thought!! Glad I didn't see that one.

Truly, that was the occassion that marked the old queen of skankiness passing on the torch to her heir apparent.

I remember sometime ago Britney was saying that she was a virgin and would stay so until married in a lame effort to preserve some kind of wholesomeness to her image. What a joke! And then she admits that she did it after all with that detestable boy-bander turned wannabe hip-hopper Justin whatever. Ha ha ha ha ha! They deserved each other.

I've been meaning to make this rant for sometime somewhere in Whatnots. Only now have I noticed an excuse for it.

14. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31

Well, guys, I took 3 hours out of my ever so biusy schedule to actually check it out. Granted, there were some parts that I wish I had skipped, like the kiss between old school skank and new school skank, my eyes, my poor poor eyes.
    I even put the Good Charlotte performance on mute, I couldn't stand it anymore.

But, Chris Rock was funny beyond funny. Coldplay was great, absolutely great. I wanted to cry, they were so good. Of course, Chris Rock with his crazy self said something really funny after they performed. Something along the lines of, "I hope nobody slit their wrists after listening to that." Hilarious.

There were some people that finally got awards, like Missy Elliot. I love her, she's been out for years, and this year, she finally got her Moon Man, I think she got 3. Coolness.

All in all, it wasn't bad. Chris Rock made the show, but the skit with Jack Black was funny too! I'm happy that Chris hosted again. Just wasn't the same without him.

BTW, Eze, I know and listen to those bands you just listed. :p

15. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Every possible dimension of the whole affair is bull****...

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I don't care a thing about MTV. I just can't believe Coldplay was defiling their name this way, though.
    Didn't see the whole thing, but as long as there was no special triphop or funk, I don't think I missed anything.

IMO, MTV is for the regular mob.

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I didn't see it, and I'm glad for it.

18. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Do you know, I never liked Missy Elliott until I saw her on Cribs. it showed a completely different side of her that I never saw before. She's actually quite nice :)

19. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    The last time I watched a MTV MA, was when the Chilis were performing, thats quite a few years back aint it?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.