1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Movie Reviews You'd Like to See.

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Falstaff, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Well, I am the new Fantasy Movie Reviewer for SP, and on that note, I would like some input from all of you. :help:

As the Movies Section has not been updated in some time, I have a pretty big job ahead of me. With that in mind - I would like to know what fantasy movies you would most like to see reviewed (of course my first job will be updating LOTR stuff). THis does not mean that all of these movies will for certain be reviewed, but I will try to do as much as I can.

Also, if you take a gander at the list, and can think of any fantasy movies that may be missing, PM me and let me know, so that I can get it changed and submitted quickly.

Thanks a pantload. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
  2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Is it only fantasy, or is historical or sci-fi stuff allowed?

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Only fantasy, for starters. (Though most such movies are not strictly fantasy, so we would have to determine on a case by case basis with each that doesn't quite fit the mould.) The first movies to be reviewed will be the Harry Potter ones and the second LoTR one. For the rest, the list is at http://www.sorcerers.net/Worlds/Movies/movies_list.php

Though some on that list have already been reviewed (and some are missing, list has to be updated), it should give you an idea what to start with.

Btw, Reign of Fire needs to be added to the list.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  4. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    And the LOTR cartoon movies, maybe Cohan and Dragonheart as well

5. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Conan and Dragonheart are already there, aren't they? I'm pretty sure they and Fellowship of the Ring are the only reviews there.

I'd like to see Krull, Legend and The Scorpion King.

Also...do the 2 Blade movies count? Not sure if they count as Fantasy or Sci-fi. I figure since the Highlander and Harry Potter movies count, so should they. Your call though, Falsie.

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    DR, that brings up images of spinning gold tassels that just don't jive with the photos Falstaff posted recently!

Anyway, Tal beat me to "Reign of Fire" - Velcro and I were very pleasantly surprised by that one! I'm trying to think of what else is in our video collection... "The Secret of NIMH," maybe? "Spirited Away" and "Princess Mononoke?" "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon?"

7. Falstaff

@Death Rabbit - I'm staying away from Comic Book movies for now - although in the future, who knows? (no promises though)

Animated films, especially Anime specifically, will be on a case-by case basis - otherwise the list of films will be incredibly long.

As for films about Feudal China and their mythology - we shall see...

Keep the suggestions coming - I'm not completely omniscient! (just mostly!)

8. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Willow? That's high fantasy, if I know something.

9. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

How did Rob Roy and Braveheart make it in as fantasy movies?

10. Falstaff

Well, first of all - the list that is up right now (pre-update) is not my list, so you would have to go back in time and ask "Gash." Soon, a new list will be up for your perusal and commentary.

However - I have decided to leave them on my list because many of the elements that we love about fantasy movies also find their way into historical/fictional historical epic films, like Braveheart or Gladiator. (Especially epic battles, hero stories, medieval/ancient settings, etc.)

On those grounds, they get a "pretty close" rating from me, since they are not strictly fantasy, but they do have enough of the stuff that the interest group would be looking for.

Thinking of killing Rob Roy, though - but I need to watch it again first... it has been a while!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.