1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Movie associated with a song game

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Takara, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  2. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

That's it! Take the rowdy patron's boot! ;)

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I can't think of one off the top of my head, so next IJA can take it.

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    ok, here's one i'll ALWAYS think of this film whenever I hear it.

She sells sanctuary by The Cult

5. Takara

Media:
    This song occurrs at the very begginning of this film played by a DJ. He says "A little crushing music for you."

6. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

I'll have to take, um...A Shot in the Dark (sorry) and guess Crash?

7. Takara

Media:
    Sorry but no. This film can be quite romantic, and moving.

8. Takara

Media:
    Time for another hint. Interestingly it was this exact song and movie that made me make the third rule, like how Kenny Logins' Dangerzone makes you think of Top Gun.
    This movie is set in, and around, Harvard uni.

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I had to look it up (never saw the movie), but that was the second of four movies the song has been used in.

10. Takara

Media:
    It's been used in others? I've only ever seen it in one, and thought it had been only used in one.
    :cry: Since it has appeared in others it can't be used. This film is With Honors. Next person can take this.

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Perhaps an adjustment to the rules is more in order (along with a belated apology to kuemper)....

12. Takara

Media:
    I think you're right. The rule about the song being "linked" is scrubed. Just if it was made FOR the movie or the singer/s appear in the film can be ok.
    I only made this rule because of the She sells sanctuary song. Whenever I hear it i'll always think of With Honors, but didn't know it had neen used in others too.

13. T2Bruno

Media:
    Rather than the 'linked' song being scrubbed, you could alternatively have:

In the case where a song has been used in more than one movie, any movie the song has appeared in is an acceptable answer unless the original clue has sufficient detail to exclude all other movies.

14. Takara

Media:
    Interesting. I think yes that could work. I was going to do a song used in Austen Powers 1, Secret agent man by Johnny Rivers but I said I couldn't because it had been used in Ace Ventura 2. If I said the song BUT said when posting that it WASN'T from Ace Ventura 2, that could work. And then you can go on, like you said, other clues so any guesses before the further clues are acceptable, but after other films are then a no go.

15. Takara

Media:
    Time to get it moving. A song that fits my established rules.

Stillwater - Fever Dog

16. Takara

Media:
    This is a movie about a fictional rock group called Stillwater.

17. T2Bruno

Media:
    Almost Famous

18. Takara

Media:
    Yup, you got it.

19. T2Bruno

Media:
    Moon River by John Mercer and Henry Mancini

20. Takara

Media:
    Know the song, but haven't heard it in any film. Might have been used in a film but one i've not seen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.