1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Movie associated with a song game

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Takara, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's it kuemper.

The movie was far better than the series.

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Sleepwalk - Santo and Johnny

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Listened to this song as title didn't give any idea to me and once heard I can comfortably say i've no idea.

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That has been in a lot a movies... hint?

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Played at a funeral.

7. Takara

Media:
    Going on T2s words, if this HAS been used in several movies UNLESS this HAS been made for the film in question, or singers STAR in this film, then it breaches my rule. Like using Coldplay Clocks. Used in the film Confidence, but DOESN'T link itself.

8. T2Bruno

Media:
    busted.... :p

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

:rolleyes: I'm sure Bach wrote Toccato and Fugue in D minor will Rollerball in mind. DarkStrider's third post here.

Sleepwalk plays at Ritchie Valens' funeral in La Bamba.

10. Takara

Media:
    Try a new song Kuemper. No harm done.

11. T2Bruno

Media:
    'kuemper... calling kuemper... come in kuemper....'

'Sir, it's no good. The lines dead.'

'Keep trying damn it! I know someone is there.'

(hero looks doubtful)

'I just know it.' :D

12. Takara

Media:
    Well you go T2 or I will tomorrow.

13. T2Bruno

Media:
    Well, fine.

Calender Girl by Neil Sadaka.

The song was an intregal part of the movie's plot even though only one line was used in the movie: The single line of the melody was played apprehensively on a piano by the lead character.

(I love, I love, I love my calender ... girl.)

Hint: The protagonist was looking at the floors the rape/murders occurred -- on a hunch he went to the piano and hit a note corresponding to each floor -- it came out to the tune:

I love, I love, I love my cal-en-der ...

The only missing note for 'girl' indicated the next victim would be on the 13th floor of a building (not many of those, actually) and led to catching the serial rapist/murderer.

Granted, this may be a stretch of the rules....

[ June 08, 2007, 17:36: Message edited by: T2Bruno ]

14. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Oh, January Man!
    Kevin Kline was a better than expected antihero in that one; I thought the writing/dialogue got a little muddled at places, although the plot mechanics were nice.

15. T2Bruno

Media:
    That would be it jaded. Your turn.

16. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

"Travelin' Band" covered by The Jeff Healey Band.

17. Takara

Media:
    King of comedy?

18. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

No; some have looked on the movie as a comedy, even if it wasn't intended to be. :)

19. Takara

Media:
    The Truman Show?

20. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

Um...tempting, but no.

Let's look at it with this hintage: Jeff Healey performs that and another song onscreen with his band, and despite being a minor character, he's surprisingly necessary to the plot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.