1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Movie associated with a song game

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Takara, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My favorite line from the second CR:

Waiter: 'Would you like that shaken or stirred?'

Bond: 'Do I look like I give a damn.'

Next show tune...

'Do You Love Me?' -- performed by actor(s) in the film.

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Well I know the song by the contours but was it sung by actors in a film? tricky.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

oops, sorry, never win this game so i forgot to check :doh:

about the new one, sounds familiar but i don't know...

random guess time: sister act? :D

5. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Dirt Dancing?

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The film is a musical from the early 70's and is still often performed on stage. The lead actor goes home and asks his wife of 25 years...

'Do you love me?'

7. Takara

Media:
    I'm clued out on musicals. :( Guys and Dolls?

8. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

the only other movie that I can think of with that in it is the wanderers.

okay I now know that's not it (though I think it's better related to that movie). I found it on amazon not even really looking for it. Hugely popular musical, but you won't know it's in it if you haven't seen it multiple times.

9. T2Bruno

Media:
    Personally, I thought the scene was the most memorable in the movie -- but then I may be too sentimental. He asks if she love him and she tell him to go lie down 'maybe it's indigestion.' Finally, the best she can do is 'I suppose so.'

I just found it sad that after 25 years the best he could get was 'I suppose so.'

Hint: In the era the movie was set it was tradition to arrange marriages -- the man and wife had met each other at their wedding. Their daughter did not want to follow that tradition and instead wanted to marry a man she loved (Bonus hint: A title to another song from the musical is in that hint).

10. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

The King and I?

11. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

Peter Griffin presents The King and I

12. T2Bruno

Media:
    Sorry, no harems involved in this movie. No nobility (only noble in character). The man and wife are an old jewish couple.

SA -- I thought you looked it up?

13. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

That doesn't mean he can't crack a joke! :D

(Methinks he likes guessing these, but hates trying to come up with ones himself...not unlike some other people here :heh: )

Anyways, I'm running out of musicals-cum-movies: Fiddler on the Roof.

14. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

would you look at that, seems jaded figured it out

and I was just making a family guy joke.

15. T2Bruno

Media:
    Your turn je.

16. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

"gotta go for the funny", eh SA? :)

Sigh....now I gotta come up with one; this game is a little harder for that than the others... :bad:

EDIT: Anyways; probably a softball, but:

Moving in Stereo - the Cars

[ June 01, 2007, 15:56: Message edited by: jaded empath ]

17. Takara

Media:
    Well, listened to that song and it doesn't ring any bells to me.

18. T2Bruno

Media:
    Boy, does that song (and movie image) bring back memories... or is it mammaries.

I was in total lust with Phoebe Cates.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

19. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

And the front-clasp bikini top goes to T2!

waitaminute... :skeptic:

20. T2Bruno

Media:
    Very easy one....

Suicide is Painless -- it is performed by both Johnny Mandel and Ken Prymus in the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.