1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mother of larval worms?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Silvrglm, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Silvrglm Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I've heard about some quest to kill the mother of the larval worms in UnderSigil. Supposedly you can get assigned this task after returning from the fight with Trias. Does anybody know if this is true, or who gives you this quest? I found some Greater Glabrezu down there and a suspicious locked chamber in the southeast corner, but no sign of any Mother Worm.

2. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Never heard of this, so I think it's just a load of crap. If Extremist doesn't know, it *is* a load of crap. (He's the one who lives, eats and breathes Torment...)

3. herf Guest

grrrr i used ot be the master of torment until...

anyways there is absolutely no quest in any way connected to undersigil, it is there purely for experience and items.
    there are five doors in undersigil, the north-east and north-west ones take you out of undersigil and into the clerks ward. the northern door dosnt open and the western door doesnt lead anywhere.
    the door in the south-east has a sohemien in it the first time you open the door, when it sees you it runs and escape thorugh the north-eastern door unless you kill it, letting this sohemien escape makes you more evil as far as i remember, when i didint manage to kill it quickly enough the first time my alignment changed.
    when the sohemien escapes there is absolutely no mention of it in the clerks ward.

clear enough?
    now u didnt need extremeist for that did you? :)

oh and as far as i know there was goign to be a quest implemented into undersigil but the lazy bastards didnt bother.

4. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Good, good, but you need to work harder to get your title back :p

5. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Jumpin hurdy gurdy! Greater glabrezu?! Where?! I never found anything but tons of worms and trelons.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    That area gets filled with tougher monsters as you progress in the game. The later in the game you come there, the tougher monsters will be.

7. herf Guest

the greater glabrezus appear when you come back from curst gone, they appear randomly and randomly drop items of worth, if they dotn drop items the drop money, amount between 400-800.
    the items the drop are-
    bells shield, fall from grace, 1 extra spell from 1-6spell level
    that ring that gives u +3 to con and +15 hit points, cant remember the name, you get one in curst
    mage ring +1 spell to levels 1-9
    umai kahen, punch dagers
    heaven and earth, club

these items can be collected any numer of times.
    the chance of getting a glabrezu in undersigil per entrance is 1/20, the chance of it dropping an item is 3/40, not very good odds.

a good way to get a glabrezu is this, when u first enter undersigil press q when its loading, this will quick save it immediately after the loading screen. as veterans of undersigil will know the game slows down for a second about a second ater you enter undersigil, this is the monster gnerator so as long as you save before the game slows down for a second ur ok. then go and look around, if there are no glabrezus then load from before the monsters are generated (the slow down). retry until you get a glabrezu, even if it doesnt drop an item its worth the money and experience, between 400-800gp and 70,000epx, yes seventy thousand.

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] About larval mother: Yes, I've spot that thing long ago in dialog.tlk file, but it wasn't called "mother" and I can't remember what exact phrase was it. Anyway, herf is completely right - although dialogs exist in the file, the quest was never implemented in the game (like many others). So, don't bother to search.

To herf and Volar: Come on! You'll scare off the guy who seems nice... If there is a forum that needs an enema, visit BG2 forum... ;) *evil grin*

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.