1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Most Twisted Plot

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Aikanaro, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

What game(s) would you say have the most screwed up, insanely weird, chaotic, or just generally twisted plot?

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

American McGee's "Alice" certainly has the most twisted plot, if only for a short while (it not really even being a plot), and the Award of Weirdest story goes to No One Lives Forever -IMO. ;)

In case you do not know, "Alice" takes place a bit later of the original story -except that now Alice has lost her parents in a fire, as well as her sanity. After that it's a lot of action in twisted Wonderland.

NOLF is an 3D-shooter, agent-parody. Big-breasted main-character, english speaking germans, etc.

3. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Yes, American McGee's Alice was one excellent, twisted game. I wonder whether his Oz will ever see the light of day.

Most twisted, crazy plot ever? Planescape Torment. Your best friend is a skull and that's just the beginning of a seriously crazy trip.

4. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

[​IMG] Erm, I believe the story went something like this:

An evil purple tentacle (not attached to anything, just a... tentacle) drinks radioactive waste and grows hands which makes him plot to take over the world. Three kids use time travelling toilets to try and stop him, but because a false diamond shatters one ends up in the past and one in the purple-tentacle-ruled future. And this is just before the game really begins (I didn't even mention the part where you have to change the american flag or steal George Washington's teeth).

Wierdest plot? Day of the tentacle.

5. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31

You know what? I think you're right. That was back in the days when Lucasarts still made really good games.

6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Man. I'd have to vote for Star Control3 or Fallout2. I mean, they were really, really contrived. The kind of contrived that makes your bowels move, and you end up just playing the game whenever you need to poop.

7. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

There are so many.. Day of the tentacle was strange, Fallout 2 was great too, but I have to say that Baldur's Gate (1 and 2) are my favourite. Not so strange as some others, but I somehow liked them.

[ November 13, 2003, 18:28: Message edited by: Mayfairy ]

8. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I've always been fond of the strange world of Tex Murphy, especially in The Pandora Directive. The sense of humor is even sharper than QfG, and the storyline mixes film noir with mystery with sci-fi with psionics with pick-your-poison. Now if only Microsoft would see fit to subsidize another sequel!

9. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

When talking about plot, any aspect of it, Pong has the most complicated, twised, educated, political insane plot ever exist. To think, i sheded tears at the end of the game.

10. Darhken Rahl Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have to agree Totally :D

11. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ironstorm: alternative history I like. Good ending too.

C&C Generals Zero Hour: while I won't comment on the overall plot, the epilogue is kind of unexpected.

Warcraft III + expansion: well, kind of.

Requiem avenging angel: good plot... for a fts.

Freelancer: well, not that twisted, actually not at all, but you don't get the girl in the end! What's up with that? Something rotten ... (you know where)

12. Neriana Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hey Grey Magistrate! Someone else likes Tex Murphy! The only game I ever played of those was Martian Memorandum, but that was definitely weird, especially the ending.

Shadow Hearts had some very twisted monsters and characters, and the setting was all messed up (Victorian English girl in a short skirt, women in powerful positions in the Japanese army before WW1, um yeah) but the plot was actually rather normal once you scraped off its trappings.

13. Thorin Gems: 9/31

deus ex, had the weirdest plot, as it had every conspiracy theory all wrapped in one story.

14. Muskstick Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yeah day of the tentacles was just plain crazy, Sam and Max also, as well as the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy game!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.