1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Most powerful PC made

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Wiegraf Folles, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Describe your most powerful character you made WITHOUT cheats or modifiers or anything. Include Class, HP, Base AC, Resistances, Proficiencies, saving throws, ability scores, and anything else you want.

Here's mine:
    Fighter
    518 HP
    -26 AC
    127 Resist. Magic/Cold/Fire/Lightning
    25 Resist Crushing, Piercing, Slashing, Missle
    * Single Weapon style
    ** Axe, Bastard Sword, Long Sword, Scimitar
    *** Two Weapon Style
    ***** Katana
    -20 All saving throws
    25 All ability scores

2. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I thought you said without cheating.

How could you possibly get a fighter with 518 HP and 25 in all stats otherwise?

3. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Slayer Change?

I haven't really experimented with it so I don't know what it does.

4. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

A fighter cannot get 500 hp, not even through ToB. I played with the setting that gives you max hp/level and was a level 50 Blade (xp cap remover) and did Tensers Transformation - a bit over 300 hp. 25 in all stats cannot be achieved in the BG saga. Not even if you play through BG, ToSC, BG2 and ToB.

Sorry mate, I don't belive you.

5. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31

(Keep in mind, i played through each game many many many times)I played BG1 several times to get all the tomes. Used all of them on my character. Ability scores would be 25 before i go into BG2. Plus the machine of lum the mad gave me back whatever i lost (either to the demon when irenicus has you in spellhold, or if you take the one good path in hell that lowers dexterity).
    As for HP, the deck of many things, and the one hell challenge for a tear of bhaal give you HP.
    The other hell challenges gave me resistances, AC, saving throws bonuses, and all that. Forgot to mention, I'm immune to normal and +1 weapons ;)

(Should say, the slashing, missle, etc resistances are from the bhaal powers mod. Since it was originally supposed to be in the game, i consider it legitimate)

6. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Uh... -20 to all saving throws?

And I thought -24 AC was the lowest it would go. Maybe not. Apparently not. Meh.

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Breaking news, here's the max you can get without cheating:

STR 24 (evil half-orc)
    DEX 21 (evil elf)
    CON 21 (dwarf)
    INT 21 (gnome)
    WIS 22 (good)
    CHA 21 (good)

25 is possible only after Slayer change, which doesn't count towards a character's stats more than an item or a non-permanent spell does.

Plus, there are no items increasing DEX or CON or INT or WIS by more than one point. CHA 24 is achievable with items, but 24 is not 25, anyway.

HP for a fighter without any cheats or tweaks is 1d10 + bonus adjustment for levels 1-9 and 3 for each subsequent level. This means that even with CON 25 and level 40 in fighter class, achieving half the HP you claim is bordering with miracle.

AC -26 is, if ever, only achievable for characters like swashbucklers with use any item ability, wearing full plates, having abysmal DEX modifier, and also having a large AC benefit from their kit.

Edit: Yes, 25 on all stats is achievable if you take the same character several times through at least BG1. It is also possible to amass 518 HP from Hell trials award (+15 HP) and the Deck of Many Things (+10 HP), which makes +25 HP per run. Unless you have played the whole saga 10 times with the same evil-aligned character... or over 20 times if non-evil, 518 is still far, far away.

Playing the game (a single adventure) with the same character more than once is included in "anything" in your:

as it is both reliving the character's life and playing the game from the start with a character having an unfair advantage in stats. One could as well edit the stats in Shadow Keeper, it would be the same. In short: CHEATING. I'm not saying it's bad. I'm saying it's bad to claim not having cheated when in fact having cheated. Still, conditional on whether you really have played the game loads of times with the same character.

What were you thinking of when posting that in a forum densely populated by geeks who know this game upside down?

[ March 16, 2004, 15:32: Message edited by: chevalier ]

8. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Permanent -20 saves are ridiculous. For temporary time, with various effect of potions and such, it might be possible...but I am very unsure about that.

The only possible way to get 25 to all ability scores is to go through the game several times with the same character, and use the machine of Carston to increase the stats.

9. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Maybe it's possible but it's definately not legitimate, I'd add to the angry replys and flames but it probably wont be neccecary judging by reactions so far, so I just wont waste my breath.

10. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31

you mean to tell me, EVERY time you guys play these games, you create a new character?

Eh. what do you guys know? I might consider what you're saying about "reliving" but that was no easy task(considering thats about 15 times through each game), but don't call me a liar or a cheater. I think i smell jealousy

11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Yes, we do create a new character with each play though. It's no fun with a super-powered character at the beginning of the game - even if you're soloing... Jealousy certainly isn't a factor because most people in these boards have played through all these games 15-20 different times - just with different characters. So we actually did a lot more work, considering we had a low level character every time, unlike you who only had a low-level character the first time... Didn't you ever get the desire to try a different character class?

As far as calling you a cheater, well, maybe you aren't, but you're at the very least a cheeser. It's cheesy to play the same character through 10 times, having all of the massive abilities you normally don't get until the end of the game at the beginning of the game - not to mention that you have these abilities many times over...

Actually, if he went through the game many, many times, he could have -20 to all saving throws. Isn't there a hell trial that gives you -2 to all saves? So if you went through the game, say 10 times, you would have -20 to all saves?

I'm still trying to figure out how he got the hitpoints though. For levels 10-50 (assuming he has an XP cap remover) he only gets three per level, regardless of his constitution. So that's 41 * 3 = 123. 518 - 123 = 395. Assuming 10 times, it's also possible to add 25 hp per run, so that's another 250. It takes it down to 145 hp over the first 9 levels - which is 16 per level. I guess it's possible...

As far as the -26 AC, I can't calculate how he got it, but that's mainly because I have no idea what kind of AC bonus you get for a 25 dexterity - is it 6? 7? I've no idea since I never had a character with more than a 20 in dexterity...

[ March 16, 2004, 16:09: Message edited by: Aldeth the Foppish Idiot ]

12. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Well, I'm not going to call you a cheater or 'cheesy' because I sometimes play around with stats to see how powerful you can make a character but doesn't it get boring using the same class, same character, over and over? Not to mention too powerful to present any challenge.

13. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Come to think of it, I have to reneg on my last statement of saying you are a cheeser and not a cheater. If raising character ability scores, hitpoints, saving throws, etc. etc. etc. no make what is essentially an un-killable character isn't considered cheating, what it the world is considered cheating? Please, provide us with your definition.

14. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31

It would be cheating if i used shadowkeeper to do it, which i didnt(went through the game enough), and if he was invincible. Kangaxx and liches that cast imprisonment can kill me. You ever play the improved bhaalspawn battles? Yaga Shura, Abazigal, Balthazar can all kill me, so can melissan. And i still get hit even with -26 AC, so 518 HP can quickly go down to 0. I understand where you people are coming from, but for me, I can't stand making a new character every time i play, but i can still win when i do, so its not like i'm afraid to. Satisified?

15. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I would consider cheating to be ctrl Y, fake talk (its described as cheese but is cheating in my book) and other major bugs, hacking the stats to give all 25 and resistances etc. Cheese in my book is using ease of use mods, super weapons created by moders and expoitation of minor bugs (simulacrum being made fully powerful by greater restoration is an example of this.
    He seems to have completed the game many times to get the bonuses which although to me, seems really boring - it shows that he has probably been having fun. Why else do we play games? I thought it was to enjoy ourselves. Anyway, I think most get angry because you seemed to be bragging abou it (and don't take that as an insult) because bragging is just a way of expressing how pleased we are we have achieved something. Jealously does not come into it as most on the boards could fly through the game 10 times in no time at all - but like I said before - we'd probably find it boring having no challenge.

end rant

16. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31

Ok, i take back the jealousy comment

17. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Ahahaha!

Oh man, here we go. Jelaousy for blaming a cheater for cheating. Well good to know people still have a sense of humour, even if not by own choise.

Cheesy, in my definition, is using minor design errors to your advantage. Things that don't rightly destroy the game but give you an unfair advantage.

Cheating, on the other hand, is when you clearly use methods outside the intended game, plot etc to get extreme advantage.

Saying that it's not cheating to play the game over and over again until you have the maximum stats and savingthrows and resistances you can get, only because it's possible without third party software or playing around with the code of the game is precisely the same as getting infinite lives and health in a Nintendo game through using cheatcodes that were put in the game by the designers. They were both originally planned into the game afterall, but the game was never built to be played using those features.

I can't believe this stuff. This reminds me of a time long back when a friend of mine bragged about passing through a certain console game without cheating. When he happily told the time and all and I grew doubtful and asked, he told me openly he'd used gamegenie. He honestly thought you couldn't call that cheating.

Nothing wrong with playing the game over again with the same character. I've done that a few times as well. But just from importing a ToB character to SoA *ONCE*, with nowhere near the stats you had, I can say that you are virtually undefeatable throughout the rest of the game.

Not cheating... hahaha. This really made my day. :rolleyes:

Edit: Apologies in advance for the rude manner of my speech here. But honestly claiming such a thing as this is a direct insult towards the intelligence of the people on these boards.

18. Lacessit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

No problems for me, whatever works best for you mate. I do think it a bit weird, what with me being a Roleplay-kinda guy and such. For me the most fun is trying out a new different class and alignment every time.
    Everyone to his own I guess...

19. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Just out of curiosity, were you a plain fighter or a kit, and do you seriously not find it overly tempting to use different characters?

Edit: LMAO @ Loradasthar! Nice post!

[ March 16, 2004, 17:06: Message edited by: Davaeorn ]

20. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31

Pure fighter. I've made characters with the other classes/kits, but a pure fighter was the only one that appealed to me. Might consider a mage, too.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.