1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Most missed SoA item?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Mohag, Jul 13, 2001.

1. Mohag Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My hard drive got sent away in a cow colored box in between my completion of SoA and the arrival of ToB. Meaning...I had to try to recreate my party. Which really isn't a problem when you wake up with a bag o' holding full of goodies and an express elevator to your old friends. But, I find myself missing a few of my favorite things. I'm thinking the most missed is the old cloak of reflection. I was able to finish ToB without it, but wonder how much easier it might have been. What other items are unavailable in ToB?

2. Mistyca Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I really miss the wave, crom fayer....and all the cool helmets that protect your characters from domination/charm.....
    About rings, the ring of gaxx and the ring of regeneration you get from ribald.
    Also the cloack of mirroring...
    So many good items i'll surely have in my next game... ;)

3. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] What?! You can't keep your items from SoA? AARGGGH!!! :mad: What an injustice!!!

4. Mistyca Gems: 5/31

Don't worry, you can keep items from SoA. But i started a new game in ToB just to see how the bag with powerful items and the character creation worked.

5. nymeria Gems: 1/31

Actually, the cloak of mirroring is adjusted in TOB, as in a lot weaker. I found it useless, and the new animation for it is annoying. It now just deflects some weaker spells, and doesn't reflect them back on the caster like it used to; I miss watching beholders petrify themselves.

6. David Gems: 1/31

i sure hate the fact that my red dragon armor is now useless cause now i cant have any other magical iteams on me in TOB, it sold for some good gold but i sure wish i could of had it . while wearing all my goodies

7. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

But for that... you'd have to have a Final Save to load... and in which case, if you dont, you'd have to start a new SoA game coz creating a new character and his party and outfitting him with exactly what u want aint fun...

8. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I miss all the many many things I left in my old stronghold, my planar sphere. I still have found no way to get back to that part of the game, as it's seemingly impossible. I had to import a saved game from SoA into ToB, because for some reason it wouldn't allow me to play SoA. So I'm now in ToB without all the goodies left in my Planar Sphere. Now admitedly, I too all the best stuff with me into chapter Seven and on into hell for the final battle with Irenicus, but there's alot of stuff that I could have sold as well. Anyway, that's what I miss most.

9. Samdorla Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Sigh* I've had 3 hard drives, a DVD player and a video card go off in cow colored boxes.
    Curses "the G word under her breath.
    That's why I back up my saved games every time I quit.

Anyway, personally I feel that the equipment you chose, to some extent, is a reflection of your own playing style. Sure everyone's going to use the coolest stuff, but with so many different combinations you can choose it becomes part of you personal gaming style. It would be heartbreaking to start ToB without my stuff.

10. Jander Sunstar Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I am re-playing through SoA and will continue to ToB, but the items I would miss in a possible hard drive crash would be: Celestial Fury, Daystar, Mace of Disruption +2, Robe of Vecna, and Ring of Gaxx.

11. reijek hidesman Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Don't forget belt of inertial barrier. It may not be as flashy as all that other stuff, but I consider it to be the most indispensible item from SoA

12. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Hmmm. I'm the type of player that hoards all her items (I was a veteran Final Fantasy player before I ever touched D&D, and that game has an enormous, 1000+ slot shared inventory), so I think I'd miss just about EVERYTHING!!!

BTW, hard drives have gotten reformatted 5 times in my house, and it was my fault every time (don't ask), so might I say that regular (monthly?) backups are a MUST!

[This message has been edited by Tiamat (edited July 19, 2001).]

13. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Why can't they leave items alone? Does it affect gameplay that much to have items from SoA in ToB?I love getting new and more powerful items but I hate gettting rid of items because they have suddenly become useless.Would ToB be that much easier if I kept all my original equipment in its entirety?

14. Acemandoo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

no it wouldnt, i got TOB the other week, and decided to go thru SOA again before playing it, this way i had all my equipment and its still hard as ****, also, whats all this about the cloak of mirrors being worse...i think not, i havent noticed any problems with mine.

15. Immoral Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Acemandoo:

The cloak of mirrors was "toned down" with the ToB expansion. It still keeps you from harm, but it does not reflect the spells back to their caster. Now it just deflects them. (Absorbs them)

-Immoral

16. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

i would have ta say either the c'fury or the equaliser. I've still got them tho coz i imported my game, but i would miss them loads. But now with valygar and the c'fury and the ability greater whirlwind, he just kicks some serious ass

17. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Carsomyr - don't leave home without it =)

18. shadow_thief Guest

My most missed item in SoA is...well not an item but animals: cows!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.