1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Most Marginal Song

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Nizidramanii'yt, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

What is, in your opinion, thé most marginal song on the market? (in a span of 10 years)

I know mine is the 'Flat Beat' from Mr.Oizo: horribly stupid.

2. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Las Ketchup(Asereje) - The Ketchup Song.

Haven't heard worse in my short lifespan, probably won't do either....

3. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Marginal? What's that mean? :confused:
    I'm just gonna take a stab though and agree with Loerand about Las Ketchup. I mean, what is that? IIRC, they took their group's name from their name - Tomate.

4. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

What about Saturday Night by that european chick? The whole thing is "Sat-ah-day... sat-ah-day night and I like the way you move. pretty baby." then her going "lalalalalalala". I mean, it's not a BAD tune, but it is dumb. I guess her english ain't so hot.

And I know this isn't the question, but I think one of the most marginal band, lyrically, is AC/DC. Don't get me wrong, their one of my favorite bands, but how many songs can you write about rock and/or roll?

5. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

"Linger" by the Cranberries was just....ugh....

It might take me a while to think of some others, but that one sprung to mind immediately.

6. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31

Veteran

But you gotta listen to the 'Flat Beat', it's really that marginal. You can dl it off KaZaA easily.

Marginal is a word for 'on the edge', but right here in Belgium, it's utilised to express something absolutely...well, I can't really explain it in proper English. Rediculous, but not quite. Stupid? Lame-ass? Marginal is when something's funny because it's stupid. There. ;)

The Ketchup Song is most marginal, but an even better one that circulates in Belgium is a 'Pizza Hut'-song. Dear god, it's a song about McDonalds Kentucky Fried Chicken and Pizza Hut, the lyrics and rhytm are always the same, and it's top to bottom commercial... Most marginal indeed...

7. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Yeah, I've heard that Pizza Hut song in passing once. And going by that definition of marginal, I'd think Eiffel65 (the guys that did "Blue"?) and Daft Punk would be bordering on marginal but then I haven't heard much from either of them.

8. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Well, for spanish speaking people, marginal is something out of the law; for what people posted here the meaning looks like something like Nizi said.
    Las Ketchups took their name out of a... ketchup, that is like a tomato salsa, they even had problems with muslin peoplo because they said that some words are insults in arabic language.
    There are many songs that go head to head with Ketchups' song in spanish but I am sure none of you ever heard of it so going english I must say, imo, those rave songs, boring to death...

9. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Ever heard 'The Cheeky Girls'? Pure horror.

10. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

The macarena was pretty horendous too.

Oh, and I wouldn't call Daft Punk marginal. Interstella 5555 is pretty good especially the first 6 songs.

11. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Macarene is pretty damn decent compared to the likes of previouly mentioned titles. :)

Cheeky Girls, fine example... Almost forgot it...
    Eiffel 65 is marginal I guess, but they score...
    Daft Punk is great because it's so marginal...

BTW: Like our Spanish friend sais, it's really an interesting word. And he's right about Hardcore and stuff being over-the-top marginal... & nearly always this is true... alas.

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I advice you to NOT listen to his album then. This Falt Beat is the most normal on it.

There's one in my mind I really disgust, but I don't know the 'artist'. It's called Get Down, probably. At least, that's the only thing besides the simple piano I can hear.

'Tong' is 4 tones lower than 'Ting' Here comes:

*Ting ting tong, ting ting ti-tong.*
    ('Lyrics'): Down, down, down, down,
    down, down, down, down,
    do-own, do-own, do-own- do-own, down.
    ting ting tong, ting ting ti-tong

Cool heh? :rolleyes:

13. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    The vindaloo song was pretty damn nasty.

14. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

The most grating one i can think of is "Sunday Morning After' by Amanda Marshell. Oh my God is right...

15. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31

Veteran

*Ting ting tong, ting ting ti-tong.*
    ('Lyrics'): Down, down, down, down,
    down, down, down, down,
    do-own, do-own, do-own- do-own, down.

I think it was more like:
    Get get down, lalalala 3x
    get get down down down dow...
    ting ting etc.

Most Marginal indeed.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.