1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Most beloved (strong) character

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by AlexGK, Dec 1, 2002.

1. AlexGK Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Ok, the game is long out and I think everybody allready has a favorite character, class, and so on :D Just point them out - with race, stats, on what skill they are spending theyr points, what weapons they use and, say, favorite spell(or combo spells), if mages.Any special strategy with them is also good to add.It's not the point this one to be "the killer" in the party, just the one you think is the most usefull.

[ December 03, 2002, 12:11: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Quint Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I love my new Drow Monk_1/Paladin_1/Cleric_1/Sorceress, soloing in HoF... :D

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] ATM

Daxia :love:
    Tiefling Barbarian lvl 24(25)
    Uses a Great Sword (+4)
    17 Strength/Intelligence
    20 Dexterity
    12 Wisdom/Constitution
    11 Charisma

She kicks ass hasted and improved invisibility!

4. AlexGK Gems: 7/31

@Quint,
    Why 1 Cleric level?

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Bruglad Dorglosh,
    half-orc fighter-4/ barbarian-x, using a greatsword. Most powerful melee char I ever had in IWD-2 :)
    str-20
    dex-16
    con-18

However, Meronia Merrygold, my ghostwise halfling rogue-3/ fighter-4/ barbarian-x archer and scout (bows, shortswords and spears) is pretty close - lacking melee power she has a formidable ranged combat ability.
    str-16
    dex-20
    con-18

[ December 01, 2002, 17:54: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

6. Quint Gems: 8/31

I guess it wouldn't be necessary if she were not soloing. But as it is, she needs all the extra AC and HP she can get.

Getting a level of Cleric (healing, cursing, protect from fear, another protect from evil to protect an ally if I summon an elemental, ...). I have 2 choices here (because of alignment):
    - a: Cleric of Illmater: Gets ability to increase Constitution by 6, giving me immediately 112 HP instead of 70 for the length of a battle (that's 3 hp per **character level** not just cleric level).
    - b: Cleric of Helm: Gets ability to increase AC by +2 (plus +2 vs. missiles), and the ability to increase all saves by +2.
    In both cleric cases, the multiclassing penalty stays at 40% because favored class is cleric.

[ December 01, 2002, 18:20: Message edited by: Quint ]

7. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

My fighter drow, with greater cleave and a halberd +3. Too bad we can't have scythes. ;)

8. AlexGK Gems: 7/31

@Quint,
    Should have made her human - no XP penalty :) And 2 extra levels at the end too.

9. Quint Gems: 8/31

Nah, Drow spell resistance is great. Plus their other bonuses. I think she'll reach level 30 if I ever finish this game.

The big problem with soloing is that it gets boring very quickly. You have to repeat the same tactics over and over and over...

And to answer the question about max level for ECL characters you've been asking, I just tried it with my Drow:
    The level 30 limit applies to *real* character level (all classes added), not to the ECL level. So my Drow reached character level 30, ECL 32. After that she could not advance, as the "Next Level" said "Godhood". :)

10. AlexGK Gems: 7/31

Grrr it's not right!I used to think ECL races are with level penalty no XP penalty.So you can have 30 level drow at the end.And he WILL be superior to any human in the same class.It's so unfair :mad: Effective clases penaly is the worst backdown for powerfull races and with this... I am starting a new party and i feel i'll not take any stinckin' human with me :D

11. Quint Gems: 8/31

Serves them right! (the humans)
    They're the reason for all of this! :)

12. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Quint. *Gasp!* *Shock!* Have you been sucked into the HoF solo thing?! ;)

LOL. I agree, it gets quite dull with the "tactics", but once you've worked it out you sort of "feel good", right?... :)

Loved the character, I bet it's a hoot!

13. AlexGK Gems: 7/31

You sure it's not a bug?That it'll not be removed with the next patch?

14. Quint Gems: 8/31

Khazraj:
    It's addictive :D Trying out different chars in battle is, more than anything else, as doing the other stuff is quite boring once you've done it once (I've practically never played a game twice, and I'm quite sure I won't make it to the end of HoF). I play a map or 2 with one char, then change him :)

But you were right about the bombing tactic. It's not enough. Summons are necessary in many circumstances (the 3 back-to-back Palisade battles for example). Summons are also more fun when you get monsters you've never seen before on your side.

Alex:
    I tell you, even if it is a bug you'll finish your game before they come up with the patch :)
    But I don't think it's a bug, as the xp table is defined up to level 34 for this reason, I think.

I'm running around with my Sorceress blown up to level 30 together with a new Svirf Level 30 pure Monk. Didn't try very hard yet, but the svirf can reach 51 AC when hasted, and it seems enough for Torak & Co. I called him Brother Blino, 'cause he's a 'fne_blin with white hair and beard like an albino :) (Come to think of it, perhaps that's where the inventors got the idea of white hair and light sensitivity for underdark creatures).

OT: I think it wasn't necessary to make xp degressive in HoF. I mean the purpose of HoF is to reach level 30, right? And you can't go further anyway.

Oh, BTW: A Monk/Sorcerer still gets his Evasion even when wearing wizard robes! (Tried with Phaen's rags.) But of course loses his WIS AC bonus then.

[ December 02, 2002, 18:36: Message edited by: Quint ]

15. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Grigor, my human Demarch of Mask-2/Bard-3/Rogue-2
    Assassin's Sword, Boots of Stealth, Light Crossbow of Speed.

Str 16, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 17, Wis 16, Cha 18

Gotta love the sneaking around during battle, then popping in with a backstab or belting out a tune to aid my teammates or cursing my enemies with a blasephemous curse.

Gabe

16. AlexGK Gems: 7/31

Wow, where did you get these high stats?Is that cheat character?

17. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

actually someone sent me the character and im having fun playing it on HOF mode with 2 other characters. I dont dare try to fiddle around with the stats. I was told when one levels up a cheated character the game crashes. whether this is true or not, I dont care. I'm not willing to give it a shot!

gabriel

ps: LOL, on tonight's That 70s Show episode (Fox 5 NYC) the show ended with Alice Cooper, Booger (from Revenge of the Nerds; dont know his name) and Howard Hessemen (the DJ from WKRP Cincinnati) playing a tabletop session of D&D

Hessemen: Darn it, I knew I should've worn my gauntlet of might!

18. looserboy Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hmmm. My favorite is my ranger Lvl 8 I believe he is Strength 19
    Constitution 10
    Agility 19
    Intelligence 8
    Wisdom 14
    Charisma 8
    I have him using moonblade of selune, but against humans the winged blight. He's pretty good and the best in my party, but my rogue is really good too.

[ December 05, 2002, 05:09: Message edited by: looserboy ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.