1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Most annoying monster out there

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by aidan eeldrein, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

it can, it tries to go into the room, which it can, but while it walks near the walls surronding that room, any monster you kill, it will confirm as a victory for you. sometimes it will teleport your party members inside that room around a bit, because it treats them as summoned monsters in the battlesquare, but basically it works fine.

2. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hook-horrors. There are just too damn many of them in the river caves.

3. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

I'm suprised not many people said goblins. When you get to the fortress HOW ANNOYING CAN THEY BE? :)

4. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Heh. Goblins. I try not to remember how many times I had to reload fighting that first room full of goblins in the goblin warrens. So many...so overwhelming...

5. Logan Pathfinder Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Goblins too:)) Especially Worg Riders that appear so unexpectedly and strike your weakest party members from behind near the Warrens gate.

6. Lord FOX Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Those worg riders are in fact the MVP of the goblin warren area(they ALWAYS appear behind your spellcasters) and no matter how long you wait to kill them and THEN advance, ¡they always appear when you are in a middle of a figth !
    But I don´t think that they are annoying( instead of that, I prefer "the most hated ones") like other monsters.

7. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Ummm maybe you should get rid of the drums then :)

8. Lord FOX Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I know that,thanks. Just my impresion.Altough everybody, i don´t like to vote just "goblins"

9. aidan eeldrein Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

yeah...goblins do suck

10. Trminator Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

Most annoying for me is the imps in the timeloop. :) Every time I have to use ranged weapons and ammo to kill them, and when all others are neutral, they will be hostile for ever. I was soo happy when I could travel to the chest in the lava-sea, so I finally could murder those 5 imps shooting me. :) Not that they do much damage or anything, they are just plain annoying!

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

^Those imps are extremely weak against cold spells:send an ice dagger, or better, a Snilloc's snowball swarm or Ice Storm, and you will get rid of them in no time! :thumb: It is fun to see them shatter into tiny ice cubes as well! :evil:

12. Trminator Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

The fact that my only caster is a fire-based Sorcerer makes that comment a bit irritating.. ;)

Also since I've only played through the game once, I didn't know what to prepare for.. I would definatly chosen acid as well, had I known what dangers lay ahead.. :)

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Lemures. I mean, what is the point of Lemures?

14. Half-elven Duergar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I have to agree. First time I played IWD2, these beasties creamed both of my spellcasters. Placing them behind the party is no longer an option.

15. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Heey, I like Lemures. They are funny looking, and harmless enough. :p

I actually hate hook horrors too, but love the area:it is a very different and challenging part of the game! Those fire insects in the caverns, and any enemy which comes in huge packs and swarms my party, these kind of things really annoy me...unless I have a most dreadful Wail of the Banshee ready, ofcourse! :evil:

16. Sandmann Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Slimes and jellies. Ever-multiplying, ever-spitting, swarming around every party member, coming from the walls... At the river caverns I've started to throw fireballs into the middle of the party to get rid of them finally.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.