1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Morrowind released

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by idoru, May 5, 2002.

1. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Nope it was an undomesticated Silt Strider that seemed to be grazing along the coast next to the town. I did see the breeding natches as well but they weren't a problem. Eventually one of the town guards killed the Silt Strider. It didn't seem to hassle anyone but me. Maybe it was because it was near when I pulled my sword out to attack the first breeding thingy (as my skill is somewhat Devious like, I might have accidently hit the Silt Strider). Needless to say, an angry one of them following you around is not much fun :)

2. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Wierd, I don't even remember seeing that and I've been to Gnaar Mok a number of times.

Aloha
    Vormaerin

3. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] I don't understand. How can a Silt Strider graze? They're immensely tall :)
    And I've actually tried hitting the ones used for travel. They're pratically house walls. Not to mention you only reach their knees to hit them ;)
    I've never seen a wild silt strider neither so I am bound to assume you've mistaken some other animal for a silt strider?
    If what you say is true however, that's so cool I'd like to see it as well :)

EDIT: Forgot to add. Shortblades are weaker weapons than longblades or axes, but the point is, using shortblades will increase your speed whereas using longblades or axes will increase your strength.
    (They affect the attribute multipliers when you level up)
    So choosing shortblades is not necessarily a bad idea if you prefer speed attribute over strength.

[This message has been edited by Invoker (edited June 05, 2002).]

4. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

There are two types of those levitating things, you have bull netches, and then another, bigger kind. Might've been those you saw. I haven't seen any silt striders that don't work as fast travel... and I don't think there is one in gnaar mok, though I'm not 100 % sure.

[This message has been edited by idoru (edited June 05, 2002).]

5. total Guest

[​IMG] There are smaller Silt Striders, different color (blue and purple) that wander in the wilderness but i never attacked one so they didnt bother me. I found them everywhere, wandering. Netches also dont attack me, only if i attack them first.

6. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Does anyone else find that items seem to dissapear from their inventory? A ring of fireball and a helmet (worth 1600 :() seem to have vanished with no explanataion...

7. Invoker Gems: 12/31

It hasn't happened to me. But it may be like this: When you break the law, a guard comes at you and tells you to go to jail or pay the bail money. During that, the guard also takes all your possessions that you've stolen. All of them. So if you've stolen that ring and helmet some time ago and then you've payed the guards not to get arrested, they'll just disappear from your inventory.

8. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Invoker: Ahhh, thanks - that'd be it. I just couldn't let that shopkeeper have such a nice helmet. Ah well, I'm sure I can 'obtain' another helmet somewhere, and the ring wasn't that good anyway. :D

9. Slappy Gems: 19/31

Doh! Silly Slappy :o . I could have sworn it was a Silt Strider (I blame late night game sessions). Anyway, I loaded up a save game and went back to check it (hoping to take a screen shot for everyone). Alas it was just a Bull Netch :(

Maybe my character was on his knees after his long journey to get there and so the thing looked as tall as a strider :aww:

PS I also had my mind on the ***SPOILER**** romance that had been promised by that foolish romatic women after I fixed her up with her bandit. Double doh when I realised that the women she told me to meet up with doesn't seem to be as hopelessly romantic, even with my roguish charms and word skills :(

[This message has been edited by Slappy (edited June 05, 2002).]

10. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31

You went clear the heck to Tel Aruhn already? That place is a PITA to get to. But yeah, I was kind of disappointed when I finally showed up there, too. She didn't seem at all impressed with my handsome Orcish self. I don't know why. :)

There is a very limited 'romance' quest sequence in the game, if you are male and aren't allergic to fur. But its nothing biowarian in scope or style.

Aloha
    Vormaerin

11. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I thought that you could just get a guild guide to Wolverine Hall, then get a boat from there to Tel Aruhn? (I'm not too sure whether the boat goes from Sadrith Mora to Tel Aruhn, but I would have thought that it would)

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited June 06, 2002).]

12. Slappy Gems: 19/31

Yeah I know it was a long way to go but love (lust) is a powerful motivator. I'm also trying to keep to just one or two quests at a time as (unless I'm missing something) the journal is a bit of a pain to navigate once the quests start to fill up. As to actually getting there, it wasn't too tricky though it cost me a fair bit of coin in boat and Strider fees. I also ended up swimming the last bit of the journey as the larger town nearby didn't seem to offer a direct service.

By the time I found the women, I felt like the man in the Milk Tray adverts (for those old enough to remember them :) )

13. Invoker Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] Haha yeah that Tel Aruhn woman was such a let down after all the trouble :) I should've told that breton woman near Pelagiad that she was a stupid spoiled brat when I had the chance :p

However, as Vormaerin said, you can get to be VERY special friends with a kitty if you don't mind the fur.:D

14. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31

No, the boat does not go from Sadrith Mora to Tel Aruhn. You have to go to Vos or Tel Mora or one of those places in the interim, which is by no means obvious. However, IIRC, the boat does go from Tel Aruhn to Sadrith Mora. :)

I walked from Sadrith Mora to Tel Aruhn (Amulet of Water Walking), but it was a pain.

However, I was more surprised that he would be going that far out of the way in that nothing much takes you there naturally for quite a while.

15. Kahen Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] It really is the ultimate game...

16. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31

No, its not. If it had Gothic or even Baldur's Gate caliber NPCs it would be the *ultimate* roleplaying setting.

It also needs some help on the play balance side to be a real *game* in any challenge sense.

However, its still a lot of fun.

Aloha
    Vormaerin

17. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Arg.. you all are making me furious. :mad::mad: Why? Because I don't have Morrowind! I'll try to grab it once I gather up the cash..

In the meantime, what is the general 'mission' involved in Morrowind? I.E. in Baldur's Gate it was 'stop the iron crisis/S---vok, in Baldur's Gate 2 it was 'stop Irenicus and save Imoen.' So what's the 'hook' in Morrowind??

18. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31

You are a prisoner paroled by the Emperor and sent to Morrowind. You are *asked* to assist an Imperial agent in his investigations into some wierd cultists/rebels, but you aren't required to do so. That is the "main" quest and has the biggest and generally coolest dungeons and plots. However, you can keep playing after the main quest is completed or never even start on it if you want.

Aloha
    Vormaerin

19. total Guest

Can magician with Stunted Magicka refresh his mana points with potions? If yes than that is imperative for mages since manapoints are only INT related and that means 100 basic points (not enough if you ask me, even with 1.0x bonus (mage and breton bonus))

20. Rangstrom Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yes if you choose stunted magicka you can recover spell points by potion. The best way however is to suck up power from the spells that are thrown at you. I even get spell power refreshed by setting off traps.

My custom war wizard has 210 spell points to use (breton multiplier and stunted magicka sign multiplier plus mentor ring) without raising int or will,(yet).

I haven't dipped into the political intrigue much but the game is a blast. Wait to you see the ghostfence for the first time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.