1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Morrowind released

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by idoru, May 5, 2002.

1. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

There was never an official releasedate that I saw, somehow it just popped up in stores apparently... Strange, and annoying, since it doesn't come to europe until june, probably. I already ordered it from dvdboxoffice though, so I should have it soon... Has anyone got their hands on it yet?

2. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Yep, I'm playing it right now nihahah
    Beautiful game, best RPG you'll come by this year without a doubt. Especially fans of daggerfall should get their hands on this.
    I'd write some more but sorry, gotta go and play :)

PS: I'm playing it on voodoo 4500 graphics card which is listed as unsupported. Voodoo 3 and below won't work though.

3. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

ahhh you... now that's mean! :wail:

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I played the game too and I must say the graphics are fantastic. Still there went something wrong.... After I was released I travelled to a strange city (something with a B :)) I joined the Fighters Guild and gained orders to clear a house of a few rats. When I open the door the rat just beats me and I am unable to kill it.... it seems that I do no damage with my dagger.... so what did I do wrong?

Hah! No Way! This game is just to fill the empty few months between my Baldurs Gate 1&2 and my NWN addiction :)

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited May 21, 2002).]

5. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Just got the game today, and I must say that I can be proclaimed dead for the next few months.

The graphics are so beutifoul, the only other place I have seen that beutifoul water is in the benchmark tool 3Dmark 2002. Did not think they would be able to make something like that this year atleast...

Haven't played very far, but gameplay is so easy and understandable. I love this game :D:D:D:D:D:D

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Turambar.... THEN WHAT DID I DO WRONG? :) Any idea why I can't kick a rat...

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Have you killed anything yet? Like the rats or smugglers in the cave in Seyda Neen (where you started)? Or any creatures along the road to Balmora (or did you take the stilt strider, that giant flea ;) )? I just arrived in Balmora and talked with Caius Cosades, so I haven't joined the Fighter's Guild yet, but I had no problem killing the smugglers and rats in that cave.

Perhaps you should explain what you ARE doing so that we can say what you're doing wrong... Are you aiming at the rat with the crosshairs when you swing?

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited May 21, 2002).]

8. Turambar Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] If you get the message that your weapon does no effect or something, simply buy a new weapon. Personally I favor the battle axe....:D

And how did you get all the way to Balmora without having to kill anything??? Unless you took the stilt rider ofcourse

[This message has been edited by Turambar (edited May 22, 2002).]

9. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

I didn't had much time so what I did: I bought and Axe, I travelled to Balmora.... joined the guild... walked to the house, attacked a rat 1000 times and missed every time :) That's all.

10. Invoker Gems: 12/31

Hehe headbanger, first off, if you're good with an axe or a longsword, use them. I think you may not be skilled in using daggers.
    Second possible case: I suggest using the first person view for fights. It has a crosshair so you won't be flinging at the air, thinking you're swinging at the rat :)

I still think this a beautiful openended game. However it has some issues that you'll see as you play the game for a long time. It is definitely worth the buck though.

Sadly, it is not the second coming of daggerfall. I proclaim Daggerfall still the undisputed king! :p

11. total Guest

Hi!

I have a question about leveling up. Wich skills are counting for 10 points needed to level up? All primary and half best secondary? Or..?

And is there limit like 100 points in some skill? Like in Daggerfall where the top limit was around level 35-40?

12. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Headbanger:

I am assuming you have the weapon actually equipped and you have it readied (ie hit "F") before you swing? Also, the weapon is one in which you have a decent skill (20+)? If all those are true and you are fighting in the first person view, I really don't know what is wrong. Fighting in third person view is possible, but tricky. Small targets like rats are especially tricky in 3rd, in my experience.

Total:

Your major and minor skills are the only ones that count for gaining a level. You can increase your 'misc' skills forever without leveling. However, levels in your misc skills gained from experience *do* help your stat bonuses at each level (this does not apply to *training* in misc skills, btw. Only Major/minor skill training helps stat bonuses). You can see your major/minor/misc skill breakdowns on your character menu.

The maximum value for any stat or skill is 100. This means the maximum level possible is around 75. You generally start with about 250 ranks worth of major/minor skills and maximizing them all would be 1000 ranks. Every ten ranks gained is a level, ergo you get roughly 75 levels. Of course, you won't get that high without without some sort of deliberate effort and don't need to get much beyond 20 or so to finish the main quest.

[This message has been edited by Vormaerin (edited May 23, 2002).]

13. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

I played a North character, Axe was his best weapon, so I bought one. I equipped the axe and when I had to attack the rats, I pressed F, and started kicking the rats... without any effect. I played much 1st person chooters so I know how to use the crosshair etc :) I just maybe only once hit the rat and he hit me many times until I died.

Am I at a too low level to kick some lousy rats?

14. total Guest

I found holding mouse RB for a while and then slashing not so effective (it should be more powerful and more effective because i thought that character is "aiming" at that time) but no, the best way to kick their but is fast RB klicking and helps to walk backward <> forward to do thrust attack. BTW i play a Battlemage sort of character (major skills in magic and one in long sword), and i managed to kill two rats at once (pillow quest)

15. Invoker Gems: 12/31

There are 3 basic modes of attack. For an axe, I believe the strongest attack is chop. You can turn the "use strongest attack" option on in the preferences if you like.

There are also 3 different levels of how fast and hard you swing. You can tell by the swish sound your weapon makes :) Holding down the mouse button for about a second or so and then releasing will give you around the max damage your weapon can deal.

Headbanger I don't really know what the problem is :bad:. As a nord you should be able to kick that rats ass to kingdom come pretty easily. Although I do remember that rat killing my wimpy mage twice before I managed to open a can of serious whoopass fire damage spell :D

16. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

hehe, well thanks for the advice.... I'll give it another try soon... Else I go for ranged attack :)

The graphics of the game, especially the environment, nature etc. look great

17. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Can I play this game with an ATI Rage 128 MB card? I didn't plan on it, but the talk has me interested and after running through some FPS's I'm totally bored and need a stimulating long term open ended game. So what's up?

18. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The ATI Rage 128 is among the supported video card chipsets noted on the outside of the package.

19. total Guest

I have been playing as custom battlemage so i joined mage guild in balmora, i finished few quests but i cant finish one particular quest. I cant find place called "Punabi". Guildmaster gave me directions to go to some lake wich i think i found (lake that is north from place "Marandas or Marandus". Problem is that guildmaster said i need to go northeast from the lake but i cant find it. Maybe someone has better explanation. Please.

(BTW I finished quest that was given to me along with this one, and i found place called Sulipund (big "dome" north from the same lake))

Thanks!

20. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Sulipund is the one with the Telvanni you are supposed to 'convert', right? If so, look very carefully at your map. Punjabi (or whatever its called) is almost directly south and not very far from Sulipund. There is a trail connecting the two.

If Sulipund is the lady who owes her guild dues, then look for Punabi directly north of it. :) Either way, it shouldn't be too hard to find once you have found one.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.