1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Morrowind - Play style?

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Nakia, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I am wondering how other people play Morrowind.

First of all I am "let me try a different character" player. I start a lot of new games because I think how would this character or that character do...

Secondly I do role play but then I can even role play city building games.

Thirdly I explore a lot and in Morrowind I limit the Guilds I join. It is tempting to join all I can but since I will probably be playing it for a long time I need to keep some variety in each game.

2. ion Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I definitely role play my character and spend a lot of time perfecting my houses and such. However, I can never avoid power gaming and creating a super character. I get bored quickly when I dont think my character is doing as well as he could be. So I never end up playing a pure thief or mage.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

1. Roleplaying. I always have a concept in mind (even if it's as simple as my "the law is the law" Redguard :shake: ) that I follow to the letter, expanding on the character along the way. And I do a LOT of expanding. The story in my mind of Ezkanya, my first character (of which I wrote out an excerpt to put in CS), is surprisingly complex considering that the initial concept was just that of a sexually abused wood elf prisoner.

2. Questing. I'm the kind of person that loves to take orders and complete them regardless of the difficulty. How I complete them, though, depends on the first priority...

3. Levelling. I'm not fond of fighting pitched battles with nix-hounds and kagouti, so after the intial equipment decking-out, ALL of my money goes to training until I can start enchanting things.

4. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I got the most fun out of the game my limiting my character, i.e. I'd play a thief and just stick to the thieves guild and do those quests along with some free-lance thieving. When I got bored with that character I'd make, say, a fur-wearing barbarian and just stick to the fighter's guild, never wearing any armor heavier than fur or leather and really sticking with the character concept. The temptation to power-game is always there, but if you give in the game becomes too easy and your character becomes a watered-down do-everything kind of character.

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Usuly a pure mage. Sometimes I make a thief or a spearman (one of the things I hated about Oblivion is they took away the spear weapons)

6. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    Nightblade or Battlemage are good to roleplay.

They both are magic users, yet have other skills to compliment their magics - ie stealth and fighting respectively.

A nightblade is good if you like to play as a thief, but would like some good illusion type spells. A battlemage is good if youre primarily a fighter, but would like to be able to open locks - alteration etc. Also, their mysticism skills are good for mark and recall etc.

A good starsign to be born under for a magic user is the Atronach.

[ January 24, 2007, 05:02: Message edited by: Nataraja ]

7. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I run light armour, short blades to maximize the haul. I customize my skills to what I'll need. I generally play stealth based characters, but want to try the primary mage and primary grunt fighter style.

I try to join as many factions as I can and do as many of the quests as I can. I find that I also explore dungeons and buildings fully. I tend to try to steal anything I can get away with in hopes of making a few extra coins early on...

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I tend to join up with the Morag Toung when I play as stealth. Being a legal assassin has it's advantages.

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The only time I played, I played an outspoken warrior type. And a goodie. Fighters guild, not doing questionable quests. Legion - same reservation. Still ascended to the top in both. Redoran - same, though fewer questionable quests. What else did I do... aha, East Empire Co. Also top. My character was an imperial ascending in the ranks of the legion, while also sinking in and moving up in the local culture. Perhaps growing critical of the imperial rule, but knowing the alternative. This kind of thing.

10. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Very evil, power-hungry pure Mage!!

11. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Thief or mage characters. Fighter type are too boring for me to play.

12. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Currently playing as a longsword wielding Dark Elf who is collecting the rare Artifacts of the world. Those he can't use he sells to the Museum of Artifacts for small fortunes.

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I'm playing a Nord Rogue - basically a brutish thug who takes whatever he wants, whenever he wants, and if you have a problem with it, his greataxe will do the talking.

I have a pretty significant bounty on my head, so whenever a guard sees me, he attacks me and I kill him. I get rid of my stock Fatleg's Drop off, and avoid big cities, factions and their boring FedEx guy quests - I basically explore the map, loot bandit caves and Daedric shrines.

I couldn't care less about the main quest... there's SO much to explore.

14. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I don't think that I have ever played the main quest.

15. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :lol: Morrowind is close to being the perfect game for a chronic restarter such as myself. There are so many different ways it can be played and the main quest doesn't have that 'you must do this right now or the world will end' theme. So you can ignore it or just fit it in as you go along.

I may request that my epitaph be: She never finished Morrowind

16. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i'm currently doing a pure mage with the exeption og illusion, instead i have chosen light armor.

i have also played and assasin like character with illusion blade light armor marksmanship and that kind of things. a superb agile fighter and very very stealthy also, did thives and night brotherhood guilds. and also the small ones for the vampire slayers and stuff like that

17. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Um, Wood Elf Knight, having just started for the very first time ever

18. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The character that I beat the game with was a paladin-like character, a Redguard who complemented his fighting with restoration skills. He also had some security to be able to open doors. With this character I also became the head of the Imperial Legion.

My current character is pretty much a pure theif Khajiit, with enchanting as a major and alchemy as a minor thrown in. I am just about to become the grandmaster thief and have preformed most of the Morag Tong writs and special duties.

19. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I first compleated the game with Zeine. She was a Female Khajiit who was your typical thief/assissan class. Those were good times...

20. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

just started an imperial knight, trying to do all the imperial Legion quest. roleplaying an honourble imperial that truly believes in the empire, but wont do evil quests for the empire.

I have tried playin this game before but got overhelmed by how open it was compared to baldurs gate and actually stopped playing, but this time I really enjoy it because I stick to roleplaying my character and focus on a certain questline without limiting myself to much.
    So im starting to see why so many love this game, I initialy dismissed as a boring game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.