1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Morrowind help

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Jesper898, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Ok i recently started playing Morrowind, it's overwhelming i dont know what to do :o
    could anyone help me, how can i level up fast?
    i havent joined Caious Cosades yet, i want to explore a little first.

2. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    You can level up by reaching higher stats, every 10 points (achieved normally) can be gained easily, by fighting monsters you can raise combat stats, running all the time can raise the atlethics stat etc.
    Make sure you get into a guild, like: Imperial Army, Thieves, Imperial Cult, Fighters and Mages Guild. This way you can even acheive levels faster.

I´ve been playing this game for 1 month now and I´ve just finished the Imperial Army and started the Fighters guild. What can I say... IT´S HUGE!!!

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah.

I've read walkthroughs were the kid would wedge himself against a post, swimming, and leave the controller there overnight.

Instant level.

Pffffft...

4. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

alright tyhanks for the advice, im off to join the fighter guild i guess :)

5. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

i found an underwater cave in thefirst area with a load of pearls or something in there. If you can get in there past all the fish that bite you to pieces they are a good source of cash early on.

I know what you mean about overwhelming though.

6. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

The underwater cave is near Seyda Neen?

7. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

yeah. IIRC, go left after the bridge (silt strider to the right) and go to the place where you find that dude that has been killed/murdered. There is a large area of water in front of you (or to your right as you walk away from the dead body). The underwater cave is in there, the entrance being located roughly underneath the dead body.

I could be completely wrong about this though.

Hope it helps.

8. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Pearls are plentiful in morrowind.. just dive in pretty much any coastal area and you'll find plenty. However, there are also pearl banks, where you can find lots and lots in one place.. I'd recommend Sheogorath region, around the islands there. I have a vague memory of finding lots close to tel branora as well.

Anyway, have fun, it's a great game.. and don't forget about the addon, when the enemies become to easy (happens around level 20).

9. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    SPOILER!!!!! (small one about neet things near Seyda Neyn)

Be sure to check the three/four tombs and two banditcaves each one got nice treasure

SPOILER OFF

P.S. Hitokiris RUlzz especially when youre wielding Dai-katanas with a strength of 80 and Agility of 75

[ November 20, 2002, 20:54: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

10. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Maybe it's a question of money, maybe not, but why isn't there a separate forum dedicated to Morrowind? There seem to be a lot of fans here.

[It is merely a question of scope. This is a D&D site. - BTA]

[ November 22, 2002, 05:37: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

11. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!!

My character, Jozua the Red Guard, is in a akward situation.

I'm a loyal member of both the Thieves Guild and Fighters Guild. I just discovered while slicing through the ranks of the Fighters Guild that the Guildmaster has allied with the Caramon Tong, an evil criminal organization that opposes the Thieves Guild. Little did I know when I was working for the Fighters Guild, I was aiding the Caramon Tong directly. While one the other hand, when I worked for the Thieves Guild, I knowingly acted agaisnt them taking out two of their guild hangouts. I feel that the lives I took under the orders of the Fighters Guild were indeed innocent people that the Caramon needed to knock off to help gain a selfish end. Never did I question orders of the Fighters Guild. What I thought I was doing was for good of all, but I soon found out I was acting as Caramons Tongs assassin. The Guildmaster has now order me to kill all the Thieves Guild bosses and has dumped 5000 gold pieces into my purse.

Can you see my dilemma?

Either ignore the Guildmaster and stay loyal to the Thieves Guild, opposing both the Caramon Tong and the Fighters Guild or Support the Caramon Tong further by following the Guildmasters orders, killing the Guild Bosses effectivly causing the downfall of the Thieves Guild for which they will never recover.

From some advice from a friend, I head north seeking the old Fighters Guildmaster. Maybe he will have some insight on what action I should take.

[ November 25, 2002, 04:26: Message edited by: Frog ]

12. Pac man Gems: 25/31

If it's still early in the game you should check one of the two guardtowers in Balmora. There's an enchanted sword (sword of white woe), that's of great help until you're ready for Daedric weaponry. You'll have to steal it though, but it's not really that difficult.

13. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Has anybody noticed, that the imperial guards, like the ones in the first town, have two rearing horses on their armor, like the armour that that guy has in Gladiator.

Or is it just that I have too much of an over-active imagination...

Hmm, probably the later of those two. :shake:

Frosty

14. Wray Vitki Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Get your sneak up. Rob lots of salt rice and marshmerrow. It is all over the place.

Get the masters alchemy equipment from Caldera mages guild (it is unprotected).

make lots of healing potions, and sell them to Nacalyra the fine alchemist in balmora. repeat thousands of times.

my level 30 char has 80k gold easily, from just doing this. nothing cheap like mercantile bugs, or selling stuff to mudcrab.

15. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Of course you could go to www.morrowindfiles.com and download the creepertrader plugin. Once activated you can find him in Caldera in a house full of Orcs. He has 100.000 goldcoins to spare, every 24 hours, so now you'll be able to sell those expensive swords as well.
    http://m0use.net/~uesp/morrow/hints/mwmastertrain.shtml This link shows you the location of all the mastertrainers in the game, use it if you want your character to level up fast, or don't, it's up to you.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.