1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Morrowind Gnisis Kama Queen Problem

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by chevalier, Mar 5, 2006.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Can't make Darius recognise she's been cured. I've used six cure blight scrolls on her and nothing. What gives? :(

Edit: Never mind. Looks like using the scroll on her doesn't count if the quest hasn't been given and the quest isn't given when you're first informed of it but only when you click some convo threads relating to it... Strange.

[ March 05, 2006, 04:07: Message edited by: chevalier ]

2. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Why would you want to cure the queen if you haven't been told to do so in the first place ?

3. chevalier

Media:
    It looks like this: Darius tells you how great you are to solve the murder plot and bring the murderer to justice and says you should be able to deal with the kama queen problem. Miners in the mine have already told you that the problem is blight and you need a scroll or something to cure her. So you go and do it. But it turns out you need to follow more deeply on the links in the conversation with Darius. This isn't a problem with most quests because the result counts, anyway. But in this case, even if you use the scroll on the queen, you won't get a journal update and solve your quest. Basically, the script first checks if you're on quest, from what I've been able to gather via Google.

4. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

You've got it exactly right, chev. One of the reasons why you want to make sure you stay closely defined on your quests...Morrowind has a way of punishing you if you go around trying to do good deeds :p .

There's a similar conflict that happens if you cure a blighted orc you may meet without being given the quest first. Sometimes even NPC's are hostile toward you if you haven't been given the quest that involves them.

I know it's hard sometimes to walk past that tempting Daedric ruin and not take a peek inside, but doing so might foul up a quest that you'd be given later.

5. chevalier

Media:
    To quote my last unsuccessful assassin: "No good deed goes without punishment." :shake:

Ooops... you mean the caves as well? Those with the funny long names? I tend to move in, kill whomever attacks me and free the slaves...

I think the worst thing is quests which block your advancement in other guilds or houses or something like that. I think it's realistic and the game forces you to think about the consequences of your actions without giving you a foolproof insurance from messing up, but still... I appreciate the hints, like with the potential thieves guild and fighters guild conflicts, that the game gives.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.