1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Morrowind - do outfits matter?

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Edmond Dantes, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Edmond Dantes Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Hi,

Aside from a more realistic role-play perspective (I don't want to wear my full armor walking around town, etc...), is there any purpose to wear fancy clothes?
    I noticed peoples responses differ, like, "oh, I see from your outfit you are doing quite well", etc.., but other than that, does it have any concrete use.
    Will some people not talk to you unless your dressed a certain way? Will some guards attack you if you wear dark brotherhood armor, etc?

Thanks, and try to keep it general and not give out too many spoilers! ;)

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Other than various comments I do not think it matters.

It might matter in the main quest. I'll let an expert answer that one.

3. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Exquisite clothes have a fairly significant ability to contain enchantments. As you gain wealth or Enchanting skill along with specific items, you can utilize exquisite clothing to augment your character with nome nice constant effect powers.

One popular trick is to assemble an outfit (shirt, pants, rings, necklace, shoes) of all exquisite items and enchant each one with a certain ammount of constant effect chameleon. If assembled the right way, you can create a very useful invisibility suit.

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thank you, Hacken Slash. I forgot about that rather important aspect of clothing. :doh:

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

No, and surprisingly even Morag Tong people don't care if you're strutting around in full DB armor. There are two places where it does matter, though.

1. The Imperial Legion - You're required to wear one of a few kinds of cuirasses when in the Legion and talking to a fellow Legion member of superior rank, or even equal or one rank inferior due to a coding mistake.

2. The city of Vivec - Don't wear an Indoril helmet or cuirass (other pieces are fine) when talking to Ordinators. They consider it sacrimental and will kill you for the offense. :p

One other thing that's rather interesting...if you wear nothing AT ALL, the voiced "hellos" apply to your nakedness. But even wearing just a common ring can forestall those. Apparently it's your finger they wanted you to cover. ;)

6. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I think there's one quest for the one great house that requires a specific helmet to complete...

7. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Aye, but that's a unique item (a normal one of the same type won't work), and they give it to you when they give you the quest.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.