1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Morrowind characters

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by The Kilted Crusader, Feb 27, 2003.

1. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Hey, just wanting to know what sort of character you're using in Morrowind? And what do you think the best race and attributes are? Also, what sort of daring feats is your fella up to?

My first proper character (one I actually kept using) was called Dagorian, he was an Imperial with basically warrior skills, but having useful things like mercantile and speechcraft as minors. The missions I completed with him were the Legion missions (believe me, you get some very rewarding items when you finish that!) and the Redoran missions. I started the main quest, but I figured the game was about Morrowind, the Dunmer homeland so IF the main quest is about dunmer, I'd have a dark elf. So....

I created one named Talisman. Initially he was a warrior like Dagorian, but wearing full glass, but then I found an Assassins guild and saw folk in some nifty treads, so I trained up in unarmoured and grabbed myself a bow and set about doing some contract killings. Right now I'm picturing him as a sort of hunter/assassin, because I go out on sudden whims into the wild to try and wipe out ALL the cliffracers (Damn them, Damn them all to hell!!!!). So, what are your characters like?

2. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I have a Dark Elf named Vahlak, originally pretty hellbent on being a mage. He still is, being pretty high up in the Mage Guild rankings, but now is also practicing using short swords and shields. Right now he's going to begin looking for a Sixth House base, which he's supposed to wipe out. At the same time he has a couple of missions from the Mage Guild...he needs to catch an Ash Zombie's soul (easier said than done) and (*sigh*) find out what happened to the Dwarves.

He has 3 weapons: Firebrand, a short sword that also does fire damage; Soul Drinker, a dagger that automatically Soul Traps the victim in whatever soul gems are available; and some elaborately named bow taken from an Ashlander chieftain's equally elaborate tomb. He's pretty terrible with the bow, but is working on it.

The best part is that Vahlak was attacked recently by assassins from the Dark Brotherhood. He survived and kill both assassins, so is now wearing all Dark Brotherhood gear...he looks like a tripped-out Dunmer ninja.

I have Tribunal installed (hence the Dark Brotherhood) and plan on getting Bloodmoon when it comes out.

3. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I played through the game the first time as a boring standard fighter/mage.. a very uber character. It got boring real soon. The next time, I made a woodelf custom class thief... I used unarmored instead of light armor, because glass armor is so overpowered in the game, and besides, it didn't look very thief-ish to me. With this character, the game was so much fun! For the first time since level 1 with my old character, some fights were actually a challenge. I kept getting killed by cliff racers, even after hitting level 10. It was a blast, I got so much more out of the game, playing it this way. I also found most of the thief type quests (thieves guild and house hlaalu) much more fun and rewarding than any of the typical fighter and mage quests. Of course I ended up being overpowered anyway, when my sneak skill hit 100 and so on.. and that's when I stopped playing. but up until that point I had much more fun than I had with my previous character.

4. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I guess thats what mods are for, there are multiple armor correction mods out there, almost all of which decrease the power of glass armor, and increase the medium specs a fair amount, due to the somewhat pathetic armor class that they gave you.

Sorry if im sounding really strange, im kinda feeling ill, and tired (although ive been awake for two hours) :sick:

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am also playing a fighter/mage, and although my dude has some kickass spells and high mage skills I have noticed that I rarely use my magic except for enchanting things and the occasional fireball because it is fun. Most of the time I just run around wacking things with my swords, one souldrinking dai-katana that also does 40-50 damage to health, one strenghtdraining daedric claymore that do 10pt fire damage, one ebony longsword with kickass frost damage, one glasslongsword that does some poison damage and the sword of white woe that drains health. I have noticed that you need a bunch of swords with you or else all their charges are soon used up.

He is incredible overpowered but I like the godlike feeling, especially the godlike feeling you get out of a ring enchanted with constant levitate for easy traveling and allowing you to look down on everyone. He is a breton as I thought that all the other races looked incredible ugly.
    It would have been nice if the enemies would have scaled up in difficulty depending on your level, it is not very fun to not be the least afraid of ascended sleepers and golden saint. But you truly feel like an avenging god when you fly through caverns of horror striking down every monster and evil wizard with almost a mere glance. :D

Btw what are the best heavy and medium armours? I dont want to run around in silly glass armour, it is ugly.

6. idoru Gems: 11/31

the best medium is Indoril(the armor that the ordinators wear), the best standard heavy would be daedric... but there are rare artifacts with higher armor rate.

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Any idea where I can find daedric? I saw that the wizard that heads the corposorium had some but after I killed him the game said that the prophecy had been severed and there was no point in going on. That was after he had given me the cure.

8. Greldorn Banned

[​IMG] Ah, I'm playing a kick-ass Nord warrior.. He's a master of weapons and he's just about to learn a bit o' magic! ;)

9. The Kilted Crusader

I hate the nord NPCs with their stereotypical scottish voices that are really ****!

10. idoru Gems: 11/31

You can find daedric in several other places in the game... Just play the main quest, and it will bring you most pieces, if you look around. There is also a quest for the mad sorceress in the Telvanni that gives you some VERY nice daedric stuff. :cool:

Also, You can safely kill divayth fyr now, if he has given you the corprus cure. It seems like an evil thing to do, but it won't mess up your main quest, so don't let that stop you. He has the only (AFAIK) daedric pauldrons in the game, so if you want a complete set of daedric, you'll have to kill him.

11. The Kilted Crusader

I changed my guy again , he now wears full indoril, except for the greaves, though I don't think you can get those, anybody know any different?

12. joacqin

Media:
    If you wear induril armour the Vivec guards will attack you in sight for dishonering their uniform or something.

13. The Kilted Crusader

Yeah, but I read somewhere that if you are become a Knight in a great house you actually become an Ordinator, not sure if thats true though

14. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

slightly off topic but I hope its ok.

Should I buy Morrowind on x-box or P.C (I've got a 1150 mhz processor and 512RAM +64mb graphics card)

I'm worried about performance because Never Winter Nights is really sluggish even on the worst graphics settings :confused:

15. joacqin

Media:
    With that computer you should not have any problem with either NWN or Morrowind, check your settings and configurations. I would recommend you buying Morrowind for PC though if you think you can run it, you can then patch it and it is a game that is made for PC so the controls will feel alot more natural I reckon.

16. idoru Gems: 11/31

Buy morrowind on pc. There will be no expansions for Xbox.. Tribunal has already been released, Bloodmoon is coming this spring. You don't want to miss out on those!

And Indoril armor isn't a complete set, some pieces just don't exist. So the ordinators are actually unarmed in some areas. And no, you will never be "allowed" to wear indoril, though at a few points in the game you're more of less "given" a set... I think it's the breastplate/cuirass part that triggers the ordinators... hmm, or is it the helmet? either way, they won't attack you if you just have it in your inventory, so a good way to stay safe is to simply unequip those two before you go into vivec.

17. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I am a level 17 Dark Elf Warlock(my custom made fighter mage class)
    I was actually well on my way to becoming a high ranking member of the Mage guild, but I was bitten my a vampire and grew myself a nice pair of fangs.
    I killed an innocent dude because i needed health, so I became expelled from the Guild :(
    I recently ventured to Dubdilla south of Vos to kill the God, in Bal Ur's daughter.
    As a reward he restored my mortality ;)
    I am much weaker now but I like the sunlight better :D
    I have recently been attacked by the Dark Brotherhood too, so I am on my way to Mournhold :)
    I cant wait 'till i "accidentally" is bitten by a werewolf when Bloodmoon is released :D

By the way I had some intrepid adventuring companions (Ariela and some orc, both downloaded)but unfortunetely they had problems getting past stones and chairs, and their lives ended in the canals of Vivec when they didnt know how to get to the surface.

18. The Kilted Crusader

Its an interesting thing to be bitten by a vampire, but I was wondering what advantages/disadvantages they have?

I've always been tempted to become one, but apparently you can't level up when you are, so I'm waiting until i'm fully lvled up :D . Anyway, hope someone can provide some answers to the above question. Thanks!

19. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well depending on what clan you gets bitten by you get different advantages.
    there is a clan that give you fighting skills, a clan that give you thief skills and a clan that gives you mage skills.
    But when you are bitten by a vamprie no matter what clan you join you get +20 strength, a lot of points in acrobatics, and your armor and magic skills go up a lot too.
    you also get a spell to drain health from your enemies.
    People will also be more inclined to flee from you in battle.
    the disadvantages are:
    noone except the mage guild will talk to you, you will almost die instantly in sunlight, you take a lot of damage from fire, you dont gain health from sleeping and you will have nightmares every time you sleep.

and by the way you can level up.

20. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'm playing Morrowind for the second time now, and my character is a Redguard knight. I'm at level 76, pretty much invincible. All the mainattributes are at 100, and some even higher (strength 120, agility 130)

I prefer heavy armour, but sometimes i change into something different. (like a real gentleman should :D ) So i have a complete daedric outfit, and the Daedric dual wield katana's to go with it. That's a plugin, and the runesigns on the swords glow in the dark, pretty cool.

But i also have a complete glass outfit that i wear sometimes. And of course enchanted items like the boots of the apostle, cuirass of saviors hide.
    I also carry the Daedric longbow. In combination with dreaded arrows it's the most deadly weapon in the game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.