1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Moonblade in SoA?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Gehn, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Now some of you may read this and think, hmmm...this guy is clearly an ideot! Or perhaps you will be annoyed because i suggested something so damn stupid, that by looking at this post you feel in some way tainted by it. Anyhows, i care little. This is something that i have always wondered about.
    As most of you know, you get the moonblade in SoA in suldenessalar (i hope i spelt that right). But of course you can't use it due to the fact that you have to be "chosen"...etc. Yet the first time i played through the game and read the item's story/description in my inventory, i thought straight away, "Aha! I'm the one doing all these 'tests unknown to the person involved,' i'm saving the freakin elven city for christs sake, of course the Moonblade is going chose me as its weilder! AAAM I NOT WOORTHY?"
    Now i have done the game 3 times through now and naturally know this not to be the case. Or so i still believe...

So here's the point of this post: Is there actually a way you can somehow be chosen by the sword and weild it? And i do not mean cheats! As to me it really did seem as if i'd get to use the damn thing.
    Any feedback is most welcome,(even if it's something along the lines of my first 2 sentences...just go easy ok!) :p

2. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Nope, you can't get the Moonblade.

Oh and it's spelt "idiot".

3. Lotlanne Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

You know, I think you should be able to use such items (I know you can't, and it's unfair). I have another example - there is that little game in Sahuagin city (I think) when imps give you items that belonged to Dritzz, Elminster and other famous and powerful people, and you place them in chests. After the game is over, you can keep those items, but they are either not usable, or worthless. I think something that has belonged to one of them bosses should be pretty special and useful. Dont' you think so?

4. Gehn Gems: 7/31

I agree, although if there were too many occurances like that, the game would have a whole bunch more of 'cheesy' items-which no doubt people would complain about.
    Shame about the Moonblade, that would have been really cool.

And thank you for the spelling correction David W :bang:

5. david w Gems: 19/31

Re the underwater city: it's not the real people there so it stands to reason that you don't get the real items.

6. Alak Xarann Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

There are ways to get moomnblades.

In the Sola mod, he gets a moonblade which only he can use, whihc you can upgrade.

In the Check the Bodys mod, you seem to be able to get senaint moonblades, which kick but. I checked both out through Sk.

But it would be nice not to need a mod for Moonblades... Then again, you could always CLUA in Xan, right?

7. david w Gems: 19/31

You could but he said he didn't want to cheat. And in all honesty, with all the amazing weapons you can get in SOA what's so amazing about a Moonblade anyway? You're certainly not going to take one over the likes of Celestial Fury or the Equalizer.

8. cadderly Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Technically david that would depend on how many other users there were before you, and since arilyn (sp...) had about 6 previous users her moonblade was quite powerful, so lets say that you had 8 previous owners, you would have 8 different abilities, whereas the moonblade xan had was only used in the choosing of a ruler for wherever he came from, and apparently it didn't choose very often, that or the elves that had it didn't do battle often enough to die and let others inheret it.

9. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31

Oh, is that how a moonblade works? I never knew that. So it gets more powerful, or conveys more abilities, with every succeding weilder?

10. cadderly Gems: 5/31

according to the forgotten realms books yes, arilyns moonblade was given its powers during times of need for the wielder, like the fire resistance was given when the wielder was fighting a great red dragon, and the thus a time of need arose, arilyn herself gave the moonblade the ability to use her shadow self, a duplicate yet darker, conscience wise, version of herself, also one of the smaller owners of this sword was given the ability to wield the blade without trouble, making it weigh near nothing. their were other powers it had but i can't be expected to remember all of em.

11. Lethis. Gems: 2/31

Gehns right, moonblades rock it would great to be able to get secretly (and it looks ten times better than the celestial fury and the equalizer david [snip] >.<)

[Offensive content removed, warning pending.] -Tal

[ March 16, 2004, 13:43: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

12. david w Gems: 19/31

Grow up, Lethis.

13. cadderly Gems: 5/31

is it just me that is confused now... anyways yes it would rock however what kind of elven moonblade would A. choose a you if you perhaps didn't choose to be at least half elven, and B. choose the son of the god of murder........... or maybe i am the only one that doesn't think its actually plausible, however it would be cool.

14. Lotlanne Gems: 3/31

david w: you said that those are not real people in the underwater city, but don't the imps tell you that they have items that belonged to famous people? So I think it means that they have real items and like holograms or statues of people thay belonged to. And then the items should work. That's the way I see it anyway.

15. david w Gems: 19/31

Maybe the imps lied.

Or, looking at it from another point of view, what do you think is the more likely scenario: a couple of imps managed to steal the pipe from the greatest spellcaster in the world? Or that it's simply a fake pipe and a fake Elminster?

16. cadderly Gems: 5/31

id go with the imp, because i had a visit from one the other day, and im missing my lucky pair of socks, worst part is that id was wearing em at the time, literally stole my sox right off me, and that was my 3rd month wearing em...........anyways i agree that i thought they would give you drizzts stuff or that the pipe would be magical and you could take it, but life is full of upsets.

17. Lethis. Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Hang on a sec, why should it matter if you don't recieve the items from Drizzt and Elminster, more than half the items you get have storys about the owners of items. :nolike:

18. Lotlanne Gems: 3/31

Lethis - exactly. And it's not like that imps had to fight the owners of the items. They are just sneaky, they stole the stuff and now are hiding in the underwater city. Using pipe would be cool - smoke it and get some kind of visions or insights into your future... ;)

19. cadderly Gems: 5/31

lol, turns out that elminster is a pot head..........
    anyways yes it would be cool to have his pipe, but then wouldn't he get pissed and come after you, and if the imp said elminsters name since he is one of the chosen can't he know exactly where you are when you say *elminster*

[ Enough with your spamming posts already. I'm getting tired of reminding you that you shouldn't post unless you have something genuine to contribute to the thread. ] - Beren

[ March 17, 2004, 20:36: Message edited by: Beren ]

20. Gehn Gems: 7/31

Lethis, Lotlanne - Interesting and Well said, well said! And David W, do you enjoy trying to refute absolutely everything that's posted on these boards? Or correcting everyones spelling? Does it give you a sense of power? Or perhaps your just overcompensating for something? These boards are supposed to be a bit of fun and a place where you can get questions answered. Not somewhere where you can flex your ego and/or superiority complex. Save it for the playground, or a shrink, dude.
    Lotlanne, that pipe idea of yours. I think you got something there. Anyone want to make a mod where... :rolling:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.