1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Monk/Sorcerer

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Shadow Druid, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Shadow Druid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Do you guys think this would be a good idea? I am thinking of playing human, male or female. I am going to adventure with a party that is already set up and we dont need anything else so I can play whatever I want :D . I am thinking about these stats:

St:12
    Dex:15
    Con:12
    Int:8
    Wis:13
    Cha:12

Do you guys have any suggestions for weapons? skills? feats? spells? Anything at all! :D

Thanks in advance.

[Or should I just go pure monk or pure sorcerer?]

2. Elendrile Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Switch the Dex and Wisdom, a high Wisdom is much more essential to a Monk than Dex. I's also think about lowering the Strength to 10 so you can have a slightly higher Charisma; you should be using your spells, not items or stats, to make you a good tank.
    As for items, go after them in this order:
    1. Items that increase Wisdom.
    2. Items that increase AC.
    3. Items that increase Resistances.

3. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I thought once of going a sorcerer 1/monk x. Memorizing shielding spells - mage armor and shield.
    And it'd be pretty good too.
    thats how i meant to do it. But you'll probably have a higher level sorcerer so you'll need more charisma.
    Also no matter how you look at it your sorcerer spells should be concentrated on improving yourself - buffs. Becouse you can never get a really high score in Charisma your spell DC's will be too low for any save-throw allowable spells. It all depends on what level will your party and you be, as well as what kind of mixture of monk and sorcerer you want to make. Powerplaying wise of course. Roleplaying it'd be cool to cast hold on someone and proceed to smash it into a bloody pulp :D

Weapons: there's really nothing better than monk fists, unless your party will keep finding some really powerful magical kamas ;) (other weapons are all excleded since you cant get as many attacks as with fists and kama's)

Skills: Hide&Move Silently of course. Also if you have SoU Tumble is a must as well. Other skills to your preference.

Feats: I'd take dodge and luck of heroes *shrugs*. Weapon focus:unarmed strike would do just fine as well. At lvl3 take whatever you want. When you reach lvl6 you should have dex of 15 and get circle kick - if you have SoU that is.

BTW, about switching dexterity and wisdom... i wouldnt do that. All wisdom does is increase your AC and raises DC for stunning fist. Dexterity raises AC, increases ranged attack(you'll probably need this) and provides some skill improvments - stealth and tumble.
    The difference is minimal though, so you can take whatever you want.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.