1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mods Question: New NPCs, scripts

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by NonSequitur, Jul 21, 2004.

1. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I just installed and am having a blast with the Tactics mod, and now I think I'm hooked. As good as BG2 is, I want more to explore, as do a bunch of my mates who I've hooked on it as well. I know there's a mods page on the site, but I'm trying to get all the mods with new NPCs and those which modify existing NPCs. I wasn't going to include the one-day NPCs in that list, sorry if that comes off as snobbish.

For example, I know about the following new NPCs: Kelsey, Valen, Kachiko, Solaufein, Chloe, Tashia, and Goo. I am aware of romance mods for Imoen, Nalia and Valygar (as well as the new NPCs who almost all have a romance connected to them).

AFAIK, to get these characters/scripts, I need the following mods:

1. Valen, Kelsey, Chloe, Goo, Solaufein and Tashia individual mods
    2. Travellers In Time: Tortured Souls mod for Kachiko (and Valygar romance?)
    3. Imoen Romance mod
    4. Nalia Romance mod

Have I missed anything/anyone? I know new mods are always in development, so I could very easily have overlooked something, but I checked SP and pocketplane.net before posting, and this is what I could find. Cheers!

2. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

There are a couple of NPC mods in development at http://www.gibberlings3.net - Aklon, a monk, and Delainy/Durlyle, a werewolf/bard. However they're not finished yet, so I'm not sure whether they're what you're looking for.

Also, there is a big mod list at the top of this forum- any other NPC mod will probably be listed there.

3. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31

:doh:

Pardon me while I get rid of something that isn't working properly...

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Danke schön, Sparhawk. The Aklon Monk mod sounds good - I haven't ever played through as one, and a Monk NPC would be great to have.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The current Nalia romance, so far as I know, still overwrites your dialog.tlk file. Don't know if they have converted it into Weidu yet.

I didn't want to have a game with English texts and Polish sounds. I could stand Polish texts and English sounds, but not the other way round. That would be weird. So I read the dialogues right in dialog.tlk. I liked them. Perhaps not the pinnacle of dialogue writing, but still nice. However, I haven't played it, so I can't tell.

For a couple of years, guys from Forgotten Wars have been working on another Nalia mod, in this case under the name of De'Arnise Romance. They say the previous one sucks and their one will rule. Time will show.

Also, the current Imoen Romance is said to suck. Mainly due to dialogues. Also, the guys from FW have been making a new non-sucking version and also for a couple of years now.

I haven't played Soulafein, but it was made by Weimer, so at least it shouldn't suck in technical regards.

Tashia has flirt options and engine based on Kelsey, Jason Compton's chief creation and show off. The code has been debugged many times, so it should work without (many) bugs now. It's widely appreciated by people, though I haven't played it myself.

Valen is another one from Weimer and it uses advanced scripting, so it should be lots of fun if you're into very evil, undead fun. No spoilers, but it's massive when it comes to being evil and having fun being it.

Kelsey is Compton. Literally. A bit less annoying than Anomen, if you're female ;)

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I'm (hopefully) posting a full review of Kelsey later today. Kelsey is excellent, with some of the other NPCs not as good. Generally speaking, I judge NPC mods by how well they incorporate the NPC into the existing game, and in that regard Kelsey shines above the rest. As for the other ones, Tashia is a pretty good mod, Chloe, is just, well, different, and Solaufein is good, but the problem is there's absolutely no voice acting in it, so it's obvious you're playing a mod - not so good in the integration aspect.

6. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31

Thanks for the advice, Chevalier & Aldeth. I had a flick through the Mod Reviews forum yesterday and what I'm looking for are mods that "fit" without unbalancing or doing weird stuff to the game. Is there a review of Tortured Souls still on the site?

Indeed!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.