1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mods not showing up in Game (Windows 10)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by muffin-tacos, Apr 1, 2017.

1. muffin-tacos Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi, everyone!

So I've installed a few mods to enhance my Baldur's Gate experience, and the installation of them seemed to be successful, but something seems to have happened along the way because none of them are actually showing up in my game.

For example, I installed the BG1 NPC Project and with it I installed Imoen's BG2 portrait. It didn't show in the game, it was just her original BG1 portrait. I also installed the NPC Kit Pack and Imoen is till just a thief. Something is clearly not working properly.

Installed BG Tutu outside of Program Files (x86), I've done a full install of BG1 and BG2 (both located in Program Files...) and I'm running the game in compatibility mode since it wouldn't let me play it otherwise.

Any idea what's wrong?

2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    First of all, did you start a new game or did you load a saved game? If you loaded a saved game, that explains it. The NPC portraits and kits are stored in the save game file just like a regular party member.

Try starting a new game and see if Imoen has been changed. Just do the bare minimum in Candlekeep to get out of there and see if the Imoen that meets you outside is the modded version.

3. muffin-tacos Gems: 1/31

No, I made a completely new game. It's the first time I'm playing BG1 om this computer.

I installed all my mods in Tutu like instructed but the game doesn't seem to be recognising anything from that folder. All my custom portraits for Charname didn't show until I moved them to my BG1 and BG2 folders. So I tried installing the mods in these folders just to see if that was the problem, but of course that didn't work since they only work in Tutu.

It's weird. I'd think Tutu hadn't been installed correctly but upon installation of EasyTutu it told me everything was installed successfully.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  4. Keneth Gems: 29/31

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    That doesn't sound right. As far as I know, Tutu copies the files into your BG2 folder, so if BG2 is in your Program Files (where you should never install games), then your Tutu installation can't be outside of it or you've messed up your installation.

Also, once Tutu is installed, the mods should go into your BG2 folder and you should be running your BG2 executable to play BG1. It's fairly easy to check if things like Imoen's portrait installed correctly: Just go into your override folder (inside BG2 installation) and find the IMOENL.bmp file. If it's not there or it's the wrong one, you did something wrong.

5. muffin-tacos Gems: 1/31

On EasyTutu's FAQ's it says this:

"A: One feature which distinguishes EasyTutu from conventional Tutu is that it creates a separate, playable installation for Tutu. Consequently, all Tutu mods must be extracted to this separate EasyTutu folder, and not to your Baldur's Gate 2 folder. Please note that many mods were created prior to the advent of EasyTutu, which is why their instructions in this regard (e.g., "extract this to your Baldur's Gate 2 folder") seem misleading."

Which is why I've been installing all my mods in my Tutu folder outside of Program Files, and why it doesn't work installing it directly in the BG2 file.

I'm going to try to reinstall the games outside of Program Files and see if that solves the problem.

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Oh. You should have specified EasyTutu, it's an entirely different beast. After having installed EasyTutu, all of your mod files should go to the Tutu folder and installed there. You should see if there are any errors during installation before closing each window (or you can check the .DEBUG files afterwards).

And obviously, you should run the executable in the Tutu folder to play the game (probably doesn't need saying).

7. muffin-tacos Gems: 1/31

Oh, sorry. Had no idea they were different.

Thing is they all seem to be installing correctly. But I'll try to reinstall my games outside of Program Files and see if that fixes it. It's the only thing I can think of at this point, when everything else is giving me the OK sign.

8. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Like I said, check the terminal window or the log files to see if anything actually went wrong. Sometimes it seems like a mod has installed with no issues but the errors aren't immediately apparent because of the fast-scrolling text in the terminal. If no errors occurred, check your Tutu override folder for relevant files (like the aforementioned IMOENL.bmp).

9. muffin-tacos Gems: 1/31

Everything seems to be working now after the reinstall! Thank you for your time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.