1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mods Help Please!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Tardazor, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Tardazor Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] hello everyone, I download yesterday some mods, and I need some help with the order of installation, problem for install and at last, If you can recommend me another mod, I will be apreciatte this:

Mods:
    Ascension
    BG2 Tweks (G3)
    Check the Bodies
    Quest pack
    Divine Remix (G3)
    Dungeon Be-gone
    Song & Silence (G3)
    Sword & Fist (G3)
    Unfinished Business
    Weimer Easy to use

And this NPc mods:
    Kelsey
    Kivan
    Saerileth
    Soulafein
    Wikaede
    Xan
    Yasraena.

Thanks for you attention.

2. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I would install the Ease of use and BG2 Tweaks first, though I think they both share similar components. I would probably install the Divine remix after that then the rest should be installed in any order (though I know some one will flame me for saying that)

A suggestion if you playing as a wild mage is the wild mage additions. That is by far my favourite mod.

3. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Ease of Use is deprecated; it's wholly contained in BG2 Tweaks. Tweaks should also go last in the process, as many of its changes affect content from other mods. I.e. the Remove Helmet Animations component will not remove the animations from helmets installed by mods unless those mods are installed before Tweaks.

edited, thanks pro55

[ February 06, 2007, 14:39: Message edited by: CamDawg ]

4. pro55 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You mean before BG2 Tweaks, right? ;)

Check the Bodies should be installed early, also make sure you're using latest weidu version (v1.8).

5. CamDawg

Heh, yes. Edited.

6. Tardazor Gems: 4/31

So, I must to install first:
    Easy to Use
    BG Tweaks
    Chceck the Bodies.

And the others doesnt matter the order?

7. CamDawg

BG2 Tweaks should be last, not first. Ease-of-Use isn't needed if you're going to use BG2 Tweaks, as BG2 Tweaks already contains everything in Ease-of-Use. Ascension should probably also be early in the order; Divine Remix should be late (and definitely after the NPC mods). Otherwise I think it's fairly arbitrary, but be sure to check the readmes of the individual mods in case they have advice on install order.

8. zodden Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I would start with the BG2 fixpack...Please add that to your list.

Then

CTB (dont forget the XP patch)
    Ascession (if your going to add this then why not also add longer road or redemption as well?)
    Quest Pack (workaround needed for hell trials)
    Unfinished Business (leave out restore minor dialogue unless you don't mind workarounds)

NPC mods starting with Kelsey and Kelsey Tob

BG2 tweaks
    Dungeon begone (a little buggy careful)
    DR
    sword and fist
    song and silence

thats how I would go

9. Tardazor Gems: 4/31

Thanks for your help, guys. Maybe anyone can recommend me another mod?

10. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Well, I would highly reccomend Improved Anvil, it adds a lot of new features, elements, challenges, items, quests etc. to the game, BUT it is incompatible with some components from Tactics/Improved Battles/Ascension/Quest Pack, and G3 tweak packs, so I think you should save it for your next installation/run of BG2. Hopefully, cool beyond words V.4 will be released by that time! :)

Keto is also a very well done NPC mod, it does not have ToB content AFAIK but the beauty and depth of SoA content makes for it. :thumb:

Nathaniel and Chloe are the NPCs for, 'alternative' romances.

Rogues Rebalancing also rebalances thief/bard kits, add new kits, and really beefs up Shadow Thieves, if you dare to side with Bodhi when the time comes. I like the mod!

Blucher's Improved Thief Stronghold adds new and more filling quests and options to Thieve's Stronghold, and makes the return of some old friends from the city Baldur's Gate!

Herbs&Potions is a harmless little mod which adds a nice and convenient shop for exotic materials and all kinds of potions. You can even try to enchant a few items. Unlike other shop mods, I can say it is rather balanced and does not feel out of place.

How can you forget the Boards of Magic Item Pack shop mod? It has the items custom-created by the very members of BoM! And you have a chance to speak with (even fight, if you dare!) the mighty Taluntain! :)

11. Tardazor Gems: 4/31

OK, I will try to use some of this, thanks Silverstar.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.